Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Watch4 exercise tracking stops automatically

(Topic created on: 15-02-2022 10:17 PM)
Ninjabean
Student
Options

I updated my watch4 and wear app a couple of days ago and went for a run today. I started a run manually on the watch and had my note8 phone in my pocket.

During my 20min run I got 3 notifications on my watch saying it automatically detected that I was running. Each time I switched to manual tracking. After the run it showed 4 workouts at varying lengths of time. The first 2 were only 2 and a half minutes long. And the second 2 were 6 and a half minutes long. The time stamps seem to imply that each workout started right after the other, almost like the current workout ended automatically and then auto detect kicked in.

Anyone else having this issue and is there a fix?

SmartSelect_20220216-111509_Samsung Health.jpg

SmartSelect_20220216-111550_Samsung Health.jpg

SmartSelect_20220216-111603_Samsung Health.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
tcolgate
Journeyman
Options

Factory reset seems to have fixed it. Went for a 6k walk and a manually started workout tracked the whole thing.

I haven't reinstalled the Google fit, or Strava apps, so those could possibly have been a factor, not sure though, it's more likely that the reset has just fixed it.

View solution in context

44 REPLIES 44
CodeChaser
First Poster
Options

I just tried my afternoon walk here in Tampa, FL.  I manually choose walking.  It times  out randomly from 30 seconds to 2 min and 30 seconds.  Also I discovered that the "run in background" setting in the watch wear app for Samsung health, is disabled and off.  

Looks like the update accidently disabled the background exercise. 

One note, after giving up, I left it alone and it detected auto-walking running for almost 29 minutes.

Tom

0 Likes
JonnoC
First Poster
Options

Can confirm the same issue on galaxy watch 4 after the recent OS and software updates (use to work perfectly before)... The issue now occurs on both my wife's and my watch at definately an issue needing to be fixed and was only recently broken ..

langers1
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same issue, started it went for a walk, it recorded for about 2.5 mins then stopped, i restarted, recorded for 2.5 mins then stopped, then again for 1 min after restart. I then gave up...

0 Likes
tcolgate
Journeyman
Options

I'm seeing the same thing. Things have been working fine since I got the watch a month ago, installed the software update, and now manually started workouts stop after about a minute or two. I thought it might have been a new strap I tried not securing the watch properly, but swapped back to the original and it is still happening. Also tried disabling the lock screen, no difference. 

I'll try a full factory reset in a bit.

tcolgate
Journeyman
Options

I'm trying to work through this with Samsung support on twitter, but they seem to be completely misunderstanding the problem. Very frustrating.

0 Likes
tcolgate
Journeyman
Options

We have reached "Have you tried turning it off and on again" levels of support (as it happens, I had).

Deezhohn
Apprentice
Options

Same here, took an update recently and now workouts stop randomly.

0 Likes
Deezhohn
Apprentice
Options

Did you have to factory reset your watch?

0 Likes
CodeChaser
First Poster
Options

It appears the application is not allowed to run in the background, is my guess, as it is disabled and cannot be changed.

Tom

0 Likes