Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Watch4 exercise tracking stops automatically

(Topic created on: 15-02-2022 10:17 PM)
Ninjabean
Student
Options

I updated my watch4 and wear app a couple of days ago and went for a run today. I started a run manually on the watch and had my note8 phone in my pocket.

During my 20min run I got 3 notifications on my watch saying it automatically detected that I was running. Each time I switched to manual tracking. After the run it showed 4 workouts at varying lengths of time. The first 2 were only 2 and a half minutes long. And the second 2 were 6 and a half minutes long. The time stamps seem to imply that each workout started right after the other, almost like the current workout ended automatically and then auto detect kicked in.

Anyone else having this issue and is there a fix?

SmartSelect_20220216-111509_Samsung Health.jpg

SmartSelect_20220216-111550_Samsung Health.jpg

SmartSelect_20220216-111603_Samsung Health.jpg

Go to solution
44 REPLIES 44
Abiri
Apprentice
Options

Screenshot_20220308-135407_Twitter.jpg

 I've been fighting them on this for 2 weeks now. This is the response I got today.  I factory reset my watch 2 weeks ago and the problem fixed but is now back. The above screen shot was their response.

0 Likes
Abiri
Apprentice
Options

This was reference to Manual Workout Selection.  They told me to just use Automatic Detection instead.

0 Likes
ivan6725
First Poster
Options

Factory reset did not solve my issue - instead i used below method and it seems to work

On phone (watch 4 classic)  - Swipe down from top

Select Settings

Select Apps

Select Health Platform

Select Profile

Select Gender - Select Female or Male or Other as case may be

Go back - check if height , weight are proper - if not do correction

Thats it

Hope the above helps.

0 Likes
Sanjerv
First Poster
Options

the cycling activity finishes itself and uploads data to app, when watch is removed and kept for charging. Need a solution for this as I do cycling long distwnc and need this fixed or how to stop this. 

0 Likes
vdragon495
First Poster
Options

I had same issue and reset helps, thank you. But, frankly, I forgot to try reboot before

0 Likes