Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Watch4 exercise tracking stops automatically

(Topic created on: 15-02-2022 10:17 PM)
Ninjabean
Student
Options

I updated my watch4 and wear app a couple of days ago and went for a run today. I started a run manually on the watch and had my note8 phone in my pocket.

During my 20min run I got 3 notifications on my watch saying it automatically detected that I was running. Each time I switched to manual tracking. After the run it showed 4 workouts at varying lengths of time. The first 2 were only 2 and a half minutes long. And the second 2 were 6 and a half minutes long. The time stamps seem to imply that each workout started right after the other, almost like the current workout ended automatically and then auto detect kicked in.

Anyone else having this issue and is there a fix?

SmartSelect_20220216-111509_Samsung Health.jpg

SmartSelect_20220216-111550_Samsung Health.jpg

SmartSelect_20220216-111603_Samsung Health.jpg

Go to solution
44 REPLIES 44
Deezhohn
Apprentice
Options

Same here.

0 Likes
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
Has anyone found a solution to this?
0 Likes
Solution
tcolgate
Journeyman
Options

Factory reset seems to have fixed it. Went for a 6k walk and a manually started workout tracked the whole thing.

I haven't reinstalled the Google fit, or Strava apps, so those could possibly have been a factor, not sure though, it's more likely that the reset has just fixed it.

tcolgate
Journeyman
Options

I did, and it fixed it for me.

0 Likes
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
Thanks, I've have reset my watch so hopefully that sorts it!
0 Likes
Hog_raging
Apprentice
Options

Hi tcolgate

Wanted to confirm after the rest did you restore you watch to previous settings and apps etc or was it like brand new and you set up your watch from scratch?

0 Likes
tcolgate
Journeyman
Options

I restored "everything" from backup, but that doesn't actually reinstall old apps (it only backs up the arrangements of the icons on the apps screen!), I haven't reinstalled strava or Google fit and music yet.

Hog_raging
Apprentice
Options

Cool. Let me give it a try and let you know. Thanks.

0 Likes
rubensantos03
First Poster
Options

A factory reset is not a solution, it may be a workaround. The release notes of the new firmware doesn't request a factory reset. I wonder what kind of quality test were made before the firmware is out.

Deezhohn
Apprentice
Options

Good morning, I turned off "Auto-pause" and it no longer automatically stops. 

0 Likes