Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 6 fall detect

(Topic created on: 23-09-2023 07:38 AM)
Shelley123
Voyager
Options
Woke up at 4 this morning to the emergency service talking to me through my watch, little word of warning to those like me who move around a lot in there sleep, maybe switch the feature of, must of banged it on my bedside cabinet in my sleep as it has a dent on the edge.
12 REPLIES 12
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Wow, could heads up, i have had a few false alerts whilst awake, but it only calls the emergency contact not say 999.

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Shelley123  That would have been somewhat frustrating 🙄, there should be a notification countdown.    However  some will find the feature more important for them, it does depend on your risk factor.  I have not felt the need for it myself, a good idea to check your settings. Some general information here https://www.sammyfans.com/2023/06/06/fall-detection-notification-issue-on-galaxy-watch/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

tploumen
Voyager
Options

I love this feature! Would be even better if the watch would send an audio message to the 911 operator like the Apple Watch.

This feature is lifesaving and I never had a false alert.

0 Likes
shaz58
First Poster
Options
I got woken up at 12 30am last night...same scenario...emergency services shouting at me through my watch...no clue what was going on! Then my emergency contacts phoned...I've had a terrible night!
Graham49
First Poster
Options

The same happened to me at 4.30 this morning.

Loud siren type noise and then emergency services asking which one I wanted.

My watch 6 was miles from the bedside cabinet.

Its only the 3rd night I have worn the watch. I believe the fall detection is turned on automatically if you are over 55 or is that just the Apple Watch ?

I wonder if they are using other sensors such as blood oxygen level..

0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Hi @Graham49 

It's definitely quite unusual, and it shouldn't really be occurring. Could you send in an Error Report if you experience this issue again? Follow the instructions in the following link on how to do so: 

0 Likes
Lola1313
First Poster
Options

This has now happened to me twice, both times on DnD and I was asleep this second and then heard voices from 911. I caught it this time so my emergency contacts didn't get alerted like last time. Last time I was sitting watching my granddaughters at Christmas play and called 911 and all 3 of emergency contacts. Seems like a glitch but I like the functionality if something does happen. Going to do more research as trying to figure out what's the trigger. 

Graham49
First Poster
Options
It happened again this morning at 6am.
Error log should be sent automatically. It's not a good time to remember how to do it within 4 minutes of the event as suggested.
Do I stop breathing with sleep apnea for too long , my heart stop or what .
It would be good to know.
It may be a bug but hey ho.
0 Likes
Bridget
Student
Options

I had the same issue. While sleeping, my watch "detected a fall" but I'm in my bed asleep. I swiped in the wrong direction & emergency protocols began. I told 911 I was fine, but didn't realize my phone was sending texts to my emergency contacts. My phone is on "Do Not Disturb" at night so no one was able to get through to my phone.

First issue, is my phone sensed a fall while I was asleep in bed. It has sensed falls several times recently when I was normally going about my business. Something is wrong w fall detection.

Second issue, the phone should automatically get out of do not Disturb mode when in emergency mode!

I didn't hear phone calls or texts during the supposed emergency.

Incredibly inconvenient! It makes me want to turn off this potentially life saving function due to the chaos it creates when nothing is wrong