Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 6 classic bixby not listening to me

(Topic created on: 08-08-2023 03:06 PM)
AmbushReality
Journeyman
Options
I had the same issue on watch 5 pro. Sometimes bixby listens and does what I ask and sometimes it just doesn't listen at all. I can bring bixby up manually by holding the button down and it comes up fine, but still doesn't hear me. I know the microphone is on because I can use 'hey Google' just fine. Anyone got any ideas how to fix this? Bixby and google voice commands both work fine on my phone. It's as if bixby on my watch goes to sleep and doesn't start up again 
6 REPLIES 6
AmbushReality
Journeyman
Options
That's the thing, google is better in most situations, but bixby can do things that google doesn't. Sometimes google just gives the response of 'you can do that in the app'. And then there's the fact google assistants voice is linked to media volume, and I don't want media volume up 100% all the time. Bixbys voice has its own dedicated volume so I can leave that at 100% and not worry about turning down media volume before opening videos music or a voice message. So for them reasons I use both. If its somthing to do with a action within samsung like a app, a task, a timer or changing parameters like using routines I use bixby, if it's somthing to do with searching online for infomation I use Google
0 Likes
Matheus Antunes
First Poster
Options

Same thing happening with my watch 6 classic. It was working just fine, and now it is no longer working.

V 1.3.19.28

I forced the app to stop, reconfigured my voice. All permissions are set. Nothing works..

0 Likes
Mike1214
First Poster
Options

Same thing, set up galaxy watch6 and no voice commands, mic for text showed blue but not 'hearing', bixby manually would work but not voice wakeup.  Did a service call with Verizon, hard reset of a brand new watch, it seemed to fix it, and also issue with LTE data.  Now a few hours later, Bixby not waking up to voice command again.  but the mic does record for text replies still.  Hope there is a quick fix update soon.

0 Likes
AmbushReality
Journeyman
Options
Sounds like it's just a bixby thing. It was happening on my 5 pro but I just ignored it back then. It's like bixby goes into a deep sleep and can't wake back up. I even tried going into the setting and making sure there is no battery optimisations happing to it or that permissions don't get removed after so long. As I said above to someone else before he deleted his comment , I know Google is better overall and works every time but bixby can do things Google can't
0 Likes
Elle_intheGalaxy60
First Poster
Options

I believe you have to disable hands free mode because Bixby will only respond if you wake them up with your voice, I just disabled that on my watch 6 and it workes.

0 Likes
Elle_intheGalaxy60
First Poster
Options

Try disabling hands free mode by holding on the button and clicking settings to then select always. Her voice came back for me.

0 Likes