Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 6 classic activity heart rate monitor broken after last update

(Topic created on: 24-03-2024 02:40 PM)
blenky
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi, my Watch 6 updated its firmware on March 11th.  Since that date my heart rate monitoring during work outs has become wildly inaccurate.  

Before the update a my results doing a spin class my heart rate reading would have an average of about 123bpm with max heart rate of 144.

The first spin class I monitored after the update I saw an average of 177 bpm with a max of 193! 

The strange thing is resting heart rate seems correct - the massive error only happens when I exercise.  

To ensure it wasn't my heart I did a spin class with my wife's Apple Watch on my left wrist and my watch 6 on my right.  The results showed the same error with my Samsung whereas the Apple Watch was showing heart rates as I would expect.

I did a full reset of the watch which did not help.

Any ideas on how to sort this out - or does the watch need to be sent away to be fixed?

22 REPLIES 22
Spin Instructor
Journeyman
Options

Hopefully they will fix it and don't take to long. Good luck.

0 Likes
blenky
Troubleshooter
Options

@Spin Instructor  @AntS   In frustration as nothing has happened I contacted Samsung and sent the watch for repair.  The repair centre could find no hardware or software fault so returned it back to me! I contacted chat support and explained the issue and that I need the watch to be accurate (as accurate as a smart watch can be!) as I have a heart issue.  I therefore need to monitor my HR during exercise.  My Watch 6 classic simply cannot be used.

I asked for the watch to be replaced as there is an obvious software fault, that only affects some people, that Samsung have not fixed since I reported it.  Support refused to replace the watch as it is not within the 14 days return window and no fault could be found.  They said my only avenue was to report the software fault.  This I have done to no avail.  I am now stuck with a useless brick of a watch!

I have paid not an insubstantial amount for Samsung's flagship watch and am appalled by this treatment.

0 Likes
Spin Instructor
Journeyman
Options

That really sucks. You pay a lot for these watches and when something goes wrong these big companies don't care. You think it would hurt Samsung to send you a new watch! I think they could afford it! 

0 Likes