Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 5 Pro Not Recording Any Deep Sleep

(Topic created on: 20-09-2023 04:44 PM)
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Like clockwork, the moment a new Watch OS update arrives after the release of the annual refresh of Galaxy smartwatches, my watch completely stops recording deep sleep. Was the same last year when I upgraded to the Watch 5 Pro with the new Watch One UI and the year before when I upgraded to the Watch 4 Classic. I find it very strange as its only an issue around about this time of the year, then I inevitably end up doing a full reset to fix the problem. Anyone else noticed this pattern? Here's some of my current sleep data to show what I'm talking about.

28 REPLIES 28
Robin S
Explorer
Options

I have a GW5PRO and upgraded (this is actually the wrong word as it feels more like a downgrade) to a GW6C.

GW6C is HORRIBLE for tracking sleep. Almost never any deep sleep.

I have purposedly NOT updated the PRO5 and have been wearing both while sleeping for a few days now. The NOT UPGRADED 5 PRO shows complete different sleep statistics compared to the 6C. The PRO5 ones make much more sense, as these include deep sleep and mostly also track more hours than the 6C. 

The 6C is of course on the latest UI/firmware update. 

See also here:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/wearables/galaxy-watch6-not-tracking-deep-sleep/td-p/7914432/hig... 

0 Likes
DeepsetSyd
First Poster
Options
I've had the same issue with my Watch5. Zero deep sleep most nights. I've also noticed that the VO2 Max figure when I go for a walk has dropped by about 2 points since the update-it varies only by about 0.4 between walks so seems suspicious.
I have done a full watch reset, cleared the cache etc and no change.
0 Likes
ScouseFife
First Poster
Options
I've just purchased watch5 pro as my 1st smart watch and I'm getting 2 to 10mins per night showing as deep sleep and my Vo2 is showing as poor at 23% when I finish my walk. However I'm very over weight so not sure if that is the reason for vo2 reading. Buy the watch to belp me with my weight loss and health now I've turn 50
0 Likes
BillS21
Student
Options

I have the same problem with GW5Pro. Since updating the software it records zero deep sleep which is an abrupt change from 10 days ago.  I got in touch with Samsung Tech chat and they essentially wanted me to "upgrade" to a Galaxy 6 watch.  The conspiracy theorist in my thinks they intentionally broke it in the upgrade to sell watches.  But if it's a software problem, the G6 watch probably won't work.  And I looked at the G6 watch specs (for example, battery capacity is about 20% lower) and I am convinced it is no upgrade.  So I put my Fitbit Charge 4 back on my wrist.  Its sleep tracking is probably better anyway.

0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Yesterday on the watch itself I went to Settings > Apps > Samsung App Updates and there was an update for Samsung Health there which I installed. Obviously too early to jump to conclusions but my first sleep since updating got me 1hr 27mins of total deep sleep. Will keep my eye on the data coming in though just to be sure as it could just be a one off.

If anyone's curious I'm on Samsung Health version 6.24.4.003 on the Watch. However I'm on 6.24.4.007 on my phone. Not sure if that's common to have different version numbers between devices so just thought I'd throw that out there.Screenshot_20230929_025618_Samsung Health_1000005313_1695952579.png
0 Likes
Vranekt
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same problem. For 4 nights after the Watch IOS upgrade I have ZERO deep sleep. I have never ever had ZERO deep sleep before and I'm using the watch every day for more than a year. 

0 Likes
BillS21
Student
Options

I had previously tried resetting the watch (GW5Pro) and clearing the Samsung Health app cache. Neither helped and deep sleep recorded was near zero.  Yesterday I uninstalled/reinstalled the Samsung Health app and got more reasonable data overnight (deep sleep > 1 hour).  Will keep watching it.  App version is 6.24.3.007.

0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
So I'm currently getting some deep sleep with each sleep, hard to say as I'm genuinely having poor sleep at the moment due to several naps a day followed by all nighters doing work.

But funnily enough something else that always happens with each watch has happened again. When I go to my devices list on my Samsung account page (the one located at the very top of the settings page) my watch had been put into my inactive devices list which states underneath "These devices were automatically signed out for your security." This has happened at some point with every Galaxy Watch I've ever owned and whilst I'm not aware of any consequences of it being listed as such its just annoying as I don't understand why it happens, nor do I know how to fix it.
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Just thought I'd update about the issue with deep sleep. Seems to be back to normal for me at least. Still have all the options turned on.

Also I'm now able to get 4+ days of battery life on my Watch 5 Pro which is pretty good. Best previous was 3 days 15hrs (give or take).
0 Likes