Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch6 not tracking deep sleep

(Topic created on: 04-08-2023 07:33 AM)
KatB_
Explorer
Options

Hi there,

I've been using Galaxy Watch6 Classic 40mm for a few days now and I noticed that my watch is not tracking deep sleep. The watch tracks my sleep, shows when I've been awake, REM etc., but deep sleep stays at 0m. Also in the overall sleep score it shows that everything is fine.

I had Galaxy Watch3 before this one, had no issues. Since I have issues with my sleep it is important that it is tracked correctly.

Does anyone experience the same issue? Any tips?

UPDATE 12/10/2023:

As all of you I have been experiencing the same issue since the release of this watch. However, for the past 2 weeks the sleep tracking seems to be working.

I still have the latest update from August, so nothing has changed. The only thing that happened out of my normal use - my watch died due to an empty battery. Since then it has been tracking my sleep as it should. Don't get me wrong, my deep sleep fluctuates due to various factors, but now I feel like the watch reflects my sleep correctly. So some nights I have 35min of deep sleep, but most of the nights it still tracks about an hour on average.

I am attaching screenshots before 30.09 when it died and after. I did travel during this time and there was time difference but I highly doubt that had any effect. I didn't drop or hit my watch. It just died in the middle of the night while I was sleeping. And now it works (knock on wood).

Screenshot_20231012_105821_Samsung Health.jpg

Screenshot_20231012_105853_Samsung Health.jpg

Screenshot_20231012_110014_Samsung Health.jpg

Screenshot_20231012_110031_Samsung Health.jpg

Screenshot_20231012_110045_Samsung Health.jpg

Screenshot_20231012_110223_Samsung Health.jpg

53 REPLIES 53
Members_lR7Xzs3
First Poster
Options

Yes same issue here after the recent update to GW5.

I tried resetting, changing permissions on sensor access. I got 30 mins deep sleep registered but then the next night 0.

Also seems that it is not tracking precisely eg before update I could see little "Awake" spikes and more granular detail on all the different cycles, now it just seems to be either solid Awake, REM or Light sleep.

My conclusion is it is a bug in the update. At this stage sleep tracking data is not accurate and I would not rely on or care about it.

Robin S
Explorer
Options

3 nights of comparison between a NOT UPDATED Galaxy Watch 5 PRO and a Galaxy Watch 6 Classic, wearing both at the same time. To minimize the impact of left versus right wrist, I swapped between my two wrists.

GW 6C versus 5PRO 1.png

GW 6C versus 5PRO 2.png

Stkmstr650
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue on my Galaxy Watch 6 even after this week's update. Actually my watch face also became hyper sensitive after the update and was malfunctioning but seems to have calmed down after another restart and me turning off the touch screen sensitivity to gloves setting. I appreciate all who've tried to post solutions and info for the sleep issue. Looks like another update will be needed from Samsung to fix but I've tried the suggested setting change and will see if it helps tonight. 

0 Likes
KatB_
Explorer
Options

This is a perfect example of the issue! I had the same results with my GW3 and GW6.

So far I have not found amy information, that Samsung is acknowledging this issue.

0 Likes
EMagneFer
First Poster
Options

Same issue there. I've received the watch last week as a gift and sometimes it records the sleep but most of the time it does not. 

When it does, there is no deep sleep.

But for the past for days, no sleep detected at all. I did all what was recommended, without any help. That's really a shame.. I see that the issue is going on for the past 2 months, so I frankly hope Samsung is doing something with this ! 

0 Likes
RyanF1991
Journeyman
Options
Same issue with galaxy watch 5 Pro, seems to be with the most recent update as my sleep tracking was perfectly fine before
0 Likes
SungSamOz
Apprentice
Options

Just an update, first time in the last 1 month I got a deep sleep registration of 40 minutes last night.  Got to see if this repeats. 

0 Likes
Robin S
Explorer
Options

I have a similar experience. All of a sudden I have 27 minutes of deep sleep on the 6C.

Still the difference between my 5PRO and 6C (I am wearing both every night) are stunning. 

5PRO 00:31-9:12 (which is correct)

Awake 29 m, REM 1 h 47 m, Light 5 h 45m, deep, 40 m

6C 2:06-9:14 (missed the first 1.5 hours of sleep)

Awake 2 m, REM 2 h, 15 m, light 4 h 24 m, deep 27m

I did not update the 6C. Today (so after my sleep record), I did get an update on the 6C which I did install. Curious to see how is impacts sleep tracking. I will know tomorrow morning.

I am NOT installing the pending update on my 5PRO.

0 Likes
Robin S
Explorer
Options

The update of my GW6C did not help; this night I got ZERO deep sleep again, while the GW5PRO registered 20 minutes. 

Come on Samsung, FIX this!

0 Likes
PJp5
Apprentice
Options

Mine is still malfunctioning in deep sleep measurement after update. I am also questioning the REM tracking because mine has always been good, but now it is far out of the normal range (good direction) consistently. Too good to be true.

0 Likes