Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 5 Pro Not Recording Any Deep Sleep

(Topic created on: 20-09-2023 04:44 PM)
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Like clockwork, the moment a new Watch OS update arrives after the release of the annual refresh of Galaxy smartwatches, my watch completely stops recording deep sleep. Was the same last year when I upgraded to the Watch 5 Pro with the new Watch One UI and the year before when I upgraded to the Watch 4 Classic. I find it very strange as its only an issue around about this time of the year, then I inevitably end up doing a full reset to fix the problem. Anyone else noticed this pattern? Here's some of my current sleep data to show what I'm talking about.

28 REPLIES 28
Members_d4iMAy9
First Poster
Options

I had the exact same problem. After recording1-1.5 hours of deep sleep, it's now reporting only 6 mins of deep sleep which cant be right. Started after the update. 

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Same here, it seems like that Samsung is always breaking sleep or heart rate tracking when there is a bigger update.....I guess i will switch to google fit next device.

0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yeah same issue, I just assumed it was my sleep
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Turned skin temperature off, well see tonight.

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Ok turned off skin temperature, still the same issue, it records barely any deep sleep.

Samsung we need a fix.

Philbr58
Navigator
Options
Even worse for me.
0 Likes
Philbr58
Navigator
Options
Reset my watch and turned off skin temperature measurement. Sleep monitoring even worse. It says I was awake all night.

Can anyone recommend a smart watch which actually works? Alternatively a dedicated sleep monitoring device. My 5Pro is currently absolutely useless.
Steve128
Student
Options

Thanks for reporting this. I am having the same problem on my S5 Pro. There is no deep sleep being recorded on most nights. There were a couple that gave me about 10 minutes of deep sleep, right in the beginning of my sleep, but after that...nothing.

I hope Samsung sees this and works on a fix.

0 Likes
Ruth292
First Poster
Options

I'm having this identical problem. It was recording about an hour or more of deep sleep per night, and as of the past several days since I updated, it is recording very little deep sleep ranging from mostly 0 minutes to 8 or 13 minutes. Tracking my sleep has been my favorite thing to do with this watch, so this change is a big loss. Please fix, Samsung!

0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Just to update I have also turned temperature sensor off but have yet to reset. Probably will turn the sensor back on and not bother resetting since it seems like it's not working for anyone anyway. I got 0 mins deep sleep yesterday and today I managed 22 mins. This is disappointing since they put lots of their focus on the sleep capabilities in their announcement of the Watch 6/Classic (which I've already ordered) but it seems to be that very little progress if any has been made since I had the Watch 3.

0 Likes