Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walk turning itself off after 21 seconds

(Topic created on: 05-03-2021 03:20 PM)
lms56
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have found on three occasions that I tell the Fit2 that I'm going to walk, and press Start, and it counts down from 3 to 1, and off I go. When I get home, it's recorded only a few seconds of the walk. Today's 45 minuter came in at 21 seconds. The only thing I can think of is that I pulled a sleeve down over the bracelet as I started off, but it really shouldn't be that sensitive, or it couldn't be worn in winter. It's counted the number of steps in the standard way, but not recorded the walk as a distinct walk - it's just turned off.

I've done shorter walks recently and it's been fine, but it's failed before that.

I've only had this since Jan 31st and it's a bit disappointing. Ideas?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options

@lms56: Can you confirm if you are connected to a mobile phone via the Galaxy Wearables app? If so, open the Wearables app > Home > Health Settings > Workout Detection, and make sure that Walking is toggled on. Now, swipe left on the watch Home screen to access the Steps widget, where your steps, distance and calories burnt should be visible following your next walk. If the issue persists, if you take your phone with you when you go walking, try enabling Location on your phone to see if this helps by swiping from the top of the screen to the bottom > Location. 

0 Likes
lms56
First Poster
Options

Hi, Andrew,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Yes, I have the Wearables app and walking is toggled on. On the bracelet, the total number of steps for the day so far is recorded, with kms and cals burned, but not the info for the specific walk, which should be recorded in the Walk section until I tell it to pause or stop. For instance, yesterday I did a walk of 18 minutes which was duly recorded on the Wearables app; but today's is recorded as lasting 21 seconds, though it was nearer 45 minutes, and I didn't tell it to stop recording.

To add to my confusion (it's easily done!)  I've just been jogging and dancing round the house, as you do, and it has auto recorded that activity as walking, with distance and calories and that it took 16m 57s. The time is what's missing if it won't record the Walk when told to. 

Thanks for your time.

0 Likes