Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

United Kingdom not and option when setting up

(Topic created on: 24-05-2023 03:20 PM)
Lsharpe
Student
Options
How do I get past the bit that says choose region or country,  as there is no United Kingdom. 
11 REPLIES 11
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @Lsharpe. That's odd that you're not seeing the UK on the regional dropdown. Which of our smartwatches are you trying to set up, and did you purchase it directly from a UK retailer?

0 Likes
Lsharpe
Student
Options
It's watch 4. I think it has come from Hong Kong. It's letting me choose United Kingdom for language, but then not for region.
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Ah, I see. In that case, it's possible that the Watch4 you purchased might be region-locked.

Which other regions are offered on the dropdown? Please feel free to attach a picture or screenshot, if that is easier.

If you just purchased your Watch4, it might be a good idea to raise this matter with the retailer/seller.

sammi222
First Poster
Options

Hi I have the same problem shipped from Hong Kong but no option for UK did you get your issue resolved ?

0 Likes
sammi222
First Poster
Options

HI There Paul 

Hope you can help us here I just bought a Smart 4 watch online but NO UK included in the list our countries I bought it from UK based dealer but shipped from Hong Kong .here is a list of the available countries.

Bahrain ,Egypt ,GHANA,IRAQ,JORDEN, KENYA,KUWAIT,LEBANAON,MOROCCO,NIGERIA,OMAN,PAKISTAN,

QUTAR,SENEGAL,SYRIA,TUNISIA,UNITED ARAB EMIRATES,

The watch is the real deal I have it already registered with Samsung 

Please advise us here thanks for your help in advance Paul 

King Regards

David

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Hi there, @sammi222. I'm always happy to help, wherever I can. In this case, however, you might need to reach out to the seller to get more information about your smartwatch.

Have you ensured that your Watch4 is actually a UK model (it sounds like it might be locked to another region), and have you been able to register it on Samsung Members?:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/what-is-the-warranty-status-of-my-samsung-mobile-d...

0 Likes
sammi222
First Poster
Options

Now I and registered this watch with the serial number to Samsung and it has a warranty until 2025 I already have two Samsung phones registered below is the company that I purchased the smart watch from.Have you heard about them Paul?

https://www.techinthebasket.com/ 

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

I don't know much about the company, @sammi222, but it does mention "we source products globally", so it might be a region-locked model that you have received.

I'd recommend reaching out to its Support Team and, once you establish from which region your Watch4 originates, you can reach out to our colleagues here:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/function/ipredirection/ipredirectionLocalList/

They will hopefully be able to provide you with some steps to get the UK option on your smartwatch. If not, then you can liaise with the seller.

0 Likes
sammi222
First Poster
Options
Hi Paul I have registered the watch with Samsung thisp afternoon and submitted the reg number.which Samsung has recognised and the watch is added slomg with my two phones ...thanks Paul for your speedy reply much appreciated
0 Likes