Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step count not matching

(Topic created on: 30-01-2022 09:06 PM)
Lisacullenjackson
First Poster
Options
Been a user of Samsung Galaxy phones for quiet a few years now. Recently purchased a Fit 2 watch to help track steps and calories. However I'm finding that the watch step count is between 500-800 steps behind what the Samsung health app says I've walked despite the watch always being with me and the phone not. Anyone know what I can do?
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Keith Burgoyne
Apprentice
Options

I'm also having this problem. The Health app reports nearly a thousand fewer steps than my fit 2. What gives?

0 Likes
Keith Burgoyne
Apprentice
Options

Sorry, I meant the Health app reports nearly a thousand MORE steps than my Fit2.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Lisacullenjackson and @Lisacullenjackson ,

have you checked the data source on the app? You can choose if you'd like to get data from the phone, the watch, or both devices affecting the total. Find how to check this here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003112/#verify-your-step-count-data-source-i...

0 Likes
LieseA
First Poster
Options

This does not work.  I have my app set to keep track of all steps.  My phone says 1 amount and my wearable GearFit2 says another.  

0 Likes
Odhrerir
First Poster
Options

Oh god! Thank you very much. This actually actually worked and now my Samsung Health steps match up with my galaxy fit2 steps (for real, yesterday I spent the whole afternoon trying to figure out why my Samsung Health was being overcounting my steps) 

0 Likes
trinty
Student
Options
I have same problem, did you fix yours? My phone and Fit are synced but show diff step totals
0 Likes
Keith Burgoyne
Apprentice
Options

Yes. It turns out the Samsung Health app also tracks your steps via your phone, and it merges that step count with that of your Fit. It also claims that the merging process assures no steps are duplicated, so if you're walking around with your phone in your pocket while wearing your watch, you won't have to worry about the number being doubled.  This is convenient when you're, say, pushing a cart around a store. Your watch won't track much of that movement because your arms aren't moving, but your phone will.

It follows that the result on your phone will have a more complete count than your watch (and, as a result, will be a little higher).

One thing I learned: the app does NOT sync the total step count back to your watch. Whatever number is shown on your watch is the step count it has tracked, and whatever number is shown on your phone is the total count merged between the app and the watch.

Hope that helps!

trinty
Student
Options
Thanks Keith, that's really helpful.
0 Likes