Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Support for Galaxy Watch Active

(Topic created on: 25-01-2021 06:40 AM)
iamS
Pathfinder
Options
Hey guys!
I'm on a Samsung Galaxy Watch Active and I'm on Tizen 4.0.0.7. Apparently the Galaxy Watch 3 has Tizen 5 so I'm wondering if my watch will get the update and if so, when? 
Many Thanks!
0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
If its the original Galaxy watch and not the 2 I'm afraid your stuck with tizen 4 even the galaxy watch has stopped getting updates. I recently got the active 2 and that's the only other watch that's up to date.
0 Likes
iamS
Pathfinder
Options
I've got the Galaxy Watch Active 1. Is that what you mean by original Galaxy Watch?
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
yes that's correct
0 Likes
iamS
Pathfinder
Options
***** thats just tragic. Its been just less than two years and they've already dropped support 💀💀😭😭
0 Likes
ChrisHX4
First Poster
Options
Wow that's extremely poor respect for the customer especially considering the watch is an over priced accessory, I just bought a Galaxy watch 3 at over £350.00 ,I am wondering if Samsung respect their consumers anymore after reading once again about them ending support prematurely on another high end product.??
0 Likes
iamS
Pathfinder
Options
Ikr I bought it thinking it was still relevant in November since I felt there wasn't much of a difference between the original and the Galaxy Watch Active 2. I'll be honest I'm really disappointed with the lack of support samsung provides 😞
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
to be honest they have started much better support now, even the phones only got 2 years back in 2019. Now all the products supports 3 years apart from the ultra cheap A series phone. I still think they need to try for 4 to 5 years but it's better than it used to be
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
as for the watch 3 don't worry that bad boy will go for 3 years of software
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
p.s I'm not sticking up for samsung it still sucks **** but they are getting better
0 Likes