Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Support for Galaxy Watch Active

(Topic created on: 24-01-2021 01:23 AM)
iamS
Pathfinder
Options
Hey guys!
I'm on a Samsung Galaxy Watch Active and I'm on Tizen 4.0.0.7. Apparently the Galaxy Watch 3 has Tizen 5 so I'm wondering if my watch will get the update and if so, when? 
Many Thanks!
0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
iamS
Pathfinder
Options
@Ash20 that's true but they're also losing customers because of the common belief that they lack support for longer periods of time. I should probably just trade in my watch for the Active 2
0 Likes
TheFireSpirit
First Poster
Options

😅😅 well, they announced a Google partnership and basically made the galaxy watch 3 obsolete instantly by locking it to tizen. Isn't it great?!😂😂

0 Likes
TheFireSpirit
First Poster
Options

3 years of support*

Is updates are officially dead as they merged with Google and left the watch 3 on tizen. $350 turned into $100 dollars on fb marketplace so fast..

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Well I'm sure samsung has said any old watches will get 3 years of support from lauch so the active 2 will soon be dying but the galaxy watch 3 will still get just under 2 years
0 Likes
TheFireSpirit
First Poster
Options

😂😂 it'll receive "support" the same way a 2 year old Android phone receives support. Bug fixes and security patches quarterly maybe. That's it. Any new features will be locked to the new OS, and new animations, graphics, improvements, speedups, and good updates are gone. And the tizen apps and watch faces will all die or become shitty. Betcha Spotify pulls support because why bother updating a dead platform. If you look on fb marketplace, people are throwing their watch 3's away for 100-200 dollars. 

0 Likes