Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartthings app not working on watch 6 classic

(Topic created on: 13-08-2023 05:28 AM)
pabeda
Explorer
Options
The smartthings app has recently stopped working on my watch 6 classic. When I open the app on the watch, it asks me to update the smartthings app on my s23 ultra. However, there isn't any update available either in the google play store or the galaxy store. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app, but the problem remains. I'm hoping a future update will fix the problem. In the meantime, I can't use the smartthings app on my watch 6 classic even if the app had been working well before the recent update on the watch.
17 REPLIES 17
AndrewL
Options

@pabeda: If an update is not visible in the Google Play Store or Galaxy Store, please try heading to the SmartThings app > Press and hold on the app icon > Tap the 'i' in the top right of the pop up window > SmartThings Settings > Scroll to the bottom of the page > About SmartThings, and check for any available updates here (Wi-Fi connection required). 

0 Likes
pabeda
Explorer
Options
I've done that, but there's no update showing and yet the watch continues asking me to update SmartThings on my phone.
Ferenc75
Helping Hand
Options
I have the same problem
AaronAJ
Options

@pabeda What current version is your SmartThings app running on? You can check this by heading to Settings > Apps > Select the app > Scroll down to the bottom where it will state the version. 

0 Likes
pabeda
Explorer
Options
The SmartThings app version on my phone is 1.8.01.22
0 Likes
AaronAJ
Options

@pabeda That is the up to date version there! Is your watch up to date? Please do the following to check this:

1. On your mobile device, open the Galaxy Wearable app.
2. Select Watch settings.
3. Select Watch software update.
4. Select either Install now or Install overnight.

0 Likes
pabeda
Explorer
Options
I've done that. There's no update for the SmartThings app on the watch. The app version on the watch is 2.23.17.7.
0 Likes
Neo001
Legend
Options

Hi, I see the same on my Galaxy Watch 4 Classic (connected to S22+). It could be that the versions are not in sync or its a bug in the Smartthings app on the watch. In either case, an update should be coming for the watch and /or the phone.

Screenshot_20230814_073221_oneconnect.png

0 Likes
pabeda
Explorer
Options
Yeah, the message in the screenshot is what I'm getting on my Watch 6 Classic.
Screenshot_20230814_085304_oneconnect_1000021610_1691999586.png