Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep tracking stopping early

(Topic created on: 30-08-2022 05:27 PM)
Mike133
Journeyman
Options

My sleep tracking worked really well for the whole time I owned the 4 Classic, but two weeks ago it started stopping around 3am (I normally sleep until ~5:30am).  Without fail ... it's been stopping at around 3am.  I even deleted the sleep data associated with those days thinking it would 'anticipate' a wake up around that time.  Didn't work.  I just received the new Watch 5 Pro and it did the same thing on its first night.

Thoughts?

15 REPLIES 15
PeatyR
Explorer
Options

I just boxed mine up to send back today with an RMA. I'm honestly not sure what they will do other than send me another one anyway.  My watch is my alarm for work so this is going to be a pain to be without it.  

Mike133
Journeyman
Options

SOLVED!  During the night on a couple of occasions YouTube just started playing.  As you can imagine this would wake me up in a start and thoroughly ***** me off.  I remedied it by setting it to "Auto restart at set times."  It did this at 3am.  This solved the auto-YouTube problem and seemed to help improve speed/battery issues.  I have no idea why the sleep tracking was suddenly affected a few weeks ago when it had been restarting for months, but it is what it is.  Last night I turned that auto restart off, and it reported me sleeping until 5:30am.  

Very dumb but ... that fixed it (at least for one night).  I'll repost if it working was a one-off.

PeatyR
Explorer
Options

I just got this after sending my watch back

>>Please be advised that your Samsung service ticket [XXXXX] has been placed on a temporary hold due to an unavailable part. Parts will available within 7 days.

As soon as the part becomes available, your device will be repaired and shipped promptly.

<<

I've had the watch a total of 4 days, they have had it longer than me at this point.  You would think they would just replace it...

0 Likes
PeatyR
Explorer
Options

Sent mine out to be fixed the other week.  They received it and apparently it needs parts they don't currently have. They said they should have the parts in 7 days.  I've used the watch 4 days and now it's been out way longer than I've used it.  I have no idea when it will be shipped back, you'd think they would just send me a new one...

Samsung.JPG

0 Likes
PeatyR
Explorer
Options

got this today now I'm really confused" 

Dear PETE ROMANO,

Please be advised that your Samsung SM-R900NZADXAA was not repaired. The unrepaired unit will be returned to you and the expected ship date is 09/09/2022."

0 Likes
PeatyR
Explorer
Options

Just to follow up.  on 9/22 I was told that the watch could not be repaired and I would be getting a refund due to them not having any replacements. (weird) so I'm waiting still on a call to set up the refund, my understanding is it will be though PayPal.  I've been without the watch for quite some time so I went and ordered another one on Amazon and got it the next day. This one will record sleep but for some odd reason will not sync the DND function with my phone when I hit sleep mode although I do have it set up to do that.  I'm just going to live with it, last thing I want to do is have to deal with Samsun Tec support / Cust service again...

0 Likes