Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep tracking stopping early

(Topic created on: 24-08-2022 07:33 PM)
Mike133
Journeyman
Options

My sleep tracking worked really well for the whole time I owned the 4 Classic, but two weeks ago it started stopping around 3am (I normally sleep until ~5:30am).  Without fail ... it's been stopping at around 3am.  I even deleted the sleep data associated with those days thinking it would 'anticipate' a wake up around that time.  Didn't work.  I just received the new Watch 5 Pro and it did the same thing on its first night.

Thoughts?

15 REPLIES 15
Bon2022
Apprentice
Options
Don't wear watch every night, but doesn't track sleep accurately
Neo001
Legend
Options

This can happen if you wake up at that time (or if the watch thinks that you are awake) or if it is loosely attached to your wrist and the sensors cannot make sufficient contact.

Mike133
Journeyman
Options

It tracked my sleep correctly for months and months and this just started happening.  Samsung's algorithms used to see two different time of sleep separated by, for example, a bathroom trip .... and then it would combine them together.  I could see it happening, but it must have lost some IQ points because it stopped doing it.   Not happy.

Neo001 ... I don't disagree that it's a possibility, but the fact that the same c****y detection spanned two generations of watches makes me think this is a software issue.

Neo001
Legend
Options

Yup, it could very well be a software issue. If you are in the mood, try resetting the watch to factory install and start over.

0 Likes
Mike133
Journeyman
Options

Neo001 ... I like the idea which is why I put up with it until my watch 5 pro arrived.  Same exact issue and I didn't even backup/restore settings.

0 Likes
Mike133
Journeyman
Options

Two days in a row, the sleep tracking on the Galaxy Watch 5 reported (incorrectly) me waking up at exactly 3:13am.  While I deleted the sleep logs two week prior for the Watch 4, I'm pretty sure it was that same time.  Any idea what to do?

0 Likes
Mike133
Journeyman
Options

3:14am last night (reported) vs 5:30am (actual).  

0 Likes
PeatyR
Explorer
Options

My 5 is not recording sleep or any of the other night time functions either. My 4 worked fine.  I've spoken to tec support and tried everything they have suggested , now I have to send it back to be looked at. 

Mike133
Journeyman
Options

3:13am last night.  This is dumb.  Samsung doesn't monitor this forum?  They'd rather me RMA this device?

0 Likes