Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung watch 6 classic keeps losing connection.

(Topic created on: 21-01-2024 09:07 AM)
Members_byB03tj
First Poster
Options

Used to have watch 2 and it worked great with calls and messages and everything but my wife got me the watch 6 for Xmas and it's useless. Only stays connected to my phone (not Samsung) for 2 to 3 days and then disconnecting itself and won't reconnect. It's getting to be a pain. How do I sort this out. I have looked online and it appears to happen with a Samsung phone too. I was going to replace my phone but looks like that won't help either. Has anyone managed to sort this problem out?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
AndrewL
Options

@Members_byB03tj: To troubleshoot the issue, please try pressing the Home/Power and Back keys together until 'Rebooting' appears on the display, then release the buttons. The screen will go black, and the device will reboot, addressing any temporary software issues that might be a contributing factor. You should also check for any available software updates for your phone, as well as the Watch 6 via Settings > Software update > Download and install (or using the Wearable app, if applicable, via Watch settings > Watch software update). Let me know if this helps. 

msharrock
Apprentice
Options

Same thing keeps happening to me. Have had the watch for several weeks and it disconnects every week or so. Very frustrating. The option to transfer watch to new phone doesn't work and I end up having to reset. I was going to return the watch and claim a refund but I will try the reboot option next time it happens.  This whole issue points to a software problem.

msharrock
Apprentice
Options

I did a reboot after my latest disconnect but it made no difference.  The only way to reconnect is to do a reset.  This is time consuming and unacceptable.  I never had a problem with my Samsung Gear watch.

Abs82
Student
Options

I am having the same issue. I spoke with Samsung CS and they told me it would need to go to a technician. Because it was new I returned and received one back but same issue again. I have an OPPO find X5 lite and don't know what to do anymore. Almost giving up and returning 

msharrock
Apprentice
Options

I spoke to a Samsung technician yesterday and he confirmed that this is a known issue with the Galaxy Wearable app, not the watch.  It originally happened with some Samsung phones too.  The app has been fixed for Samsung phones but not yet for non-Samsung phones.  He further confirmed that the app will be updated for non-Samsung and it will be released to the Play Store when ready.   He could not give me a timescale.   Let's wait and see if it happens.  In the meantime,  it's annoying resets about once a week.

Abs82
Student
Options

Many thanks for the update! Once a week? You are lucky! Mine is happening many times per day, I simply cannot use the watch anymore because bat goes in hours. I will wait at least 15 days if not resolved I will have to return 

0 Likes
Phillipsp
First Poster
Options

Hi all just jumping onto this chat bought my other half a watch 6 and she’s asked me to enquire as to why this keeps disconnecting from her Samsung Galaxy S22 all watch and phone and wearable are the latest software 

0 Likes
msharrock
Apprentice
Options

Might be worth you phoning Samsung support and having a moan. The more people report this issue, the more likely Samsung are to do something.

0 Likes
PCZE
First Poster
Options

Had similar problem when moving from Watch to Watch 6. For whatever reason Watch 6 manager (plugin) only disabled, not replaced original Watch plugin. So I enabled watch plugin, uninstalled it from the phone and it seems to have resolved the issue.

0 Likes