Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung watch 6 classic keeps losing connection.

(Topic created on: 21-01-2024 09:07 AM)
Members_byB03tj
First Poster
Options

Used to have watch 2 and it worked great with calls and messages and everything but my wife got me the watch 6 for Xmas and it's useless. Only stays connected to my phone (not Samsung) for 2 to 3 days and then disconnecting itself and won't reconnect. It's getting to be a pain. How do I sort this out. I have looked online and it appears to happen with a Samsung phone too. I was going to replace my phone but looks like that won't help either. Has anyone managed to sort this problem out?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
Members_xrYIPqd
First Poster
Options

Got a GW6 for Xmas. My phone is a One plus Nord 2 5G. I had a first loss of pairing in January. I had to reset the watch to factory settings to reestablish the link with the Wearable app. My settings were properly recovered, but the whole process is clumsy and a pain in the...

Second loss in February, again had to reset the watch to factory settings. Again I had to repeat the procedure a couple of times to get it to work as it often hangs before reaching the end. 

Third loss a couple of days ago. I managed to recover the link after a factory reset, but I lost the link after a few minutes. Since then I have repeated the factory reset procedure about four times but have not managed to reestablish the link. I now have a useless unconnected Gw6!

To me this clearly points to a messy /unstable Wearable app and to a clumsy reset procedure. I do hope Samsung will fix this very quickly before I have to return the watch. I was a happy user of an amazfit watch for several years and never experienced a single loss of connection with the zepp app. 

FP_wearable
Student
Options

I once got a message about data that was deleted from Google Play services. That is likely the cause why the Wearable app sees the phone as a new phone and loses connection to the watch. So i think the Wearable Apps registration in the services is crappy. It is just not a good match between the two. Very annoying indeed.

0 Likes