Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Watch 5 Pro - Blood Oxygen Monitor Garbage ?

(Topic created on: 18-09-2022 08:12 AM)
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
So I had suspected sleep apnea and consultant arranged sleep monitoring device, quite industrial looking, result was ZERO episodes, not I did not wear my watch at the same time.

My watch regularly flags me below and some long periods.
Does this mean like blood pressure these functions are pointless and inaccurate.

Regards Obsydian

DAILY DEVICES 

ZFold4 [Mobile], Pro5 [Watch], S8 Ultra [Tablet], Book2 i5 [Laptop], Buds Pro2 [Buds] M70A 32/43" [Monitor], Smart Tags+, iPad Mini 5 and iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets], Dell Inspiron G5 Laptop 

HOUSEHOLD DEVICES 
 ZFlip3 [Mobile], Watch5 [Watch], S7+ [Tablet], QN95A [TV], Q900A [Soundbar], MC28M6075CSM [Microwave], Samsung Level [Speaker], Buds Pro [Buds], iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25
Neo001
Legend
Options

Hi, The watch is not medically certified. There will always be a margin of error. And it also depends on how your wear the watch -if it's too loose/tight and position of the watch. It can happen that it does not get a reading and therefore shows a drop.

Don't take the values literally. Of course, in case of doubt or unexpected results + on how you feel, always consult a physician.

IndiW
Hotshot
Options
One thing I know - BP is almost 99% accurate, Pulse is 100% accurate, usually finger O2 sensors are more accurate, for general use (as you are not in ICU) the numbers Galaxy watch (mine is 5 pro) giving out are more than enough for basic home use
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Agree its directional but at best it is 75% accurate for BP, HR and SPo2 seems pointless.

I calibrate my watch monthly as required with an Omron BP

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
Ade0410
Explorer
Options
My blood oxygen on my watch 5 Pro is under 90% for only about 30 secs a night. Certainly no more than a minute. Your 9 mins seems a long time to me.
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Agree I have had 14 mins

0 Likes
Kaloyan79
First Poster
Options

The same issue with my watch 5 pro.
I'm compare it with two other devices. It gives me almost every time lower Oxygen level. 

During the night is happening to have 10 min on low. 
Some time give me 82 % during the day. Rebooting the watch makes it to 96%. 

Hopefully it will get some updates soon. As far I know same was happened with watch 4 at beginning of the release.

fifferfiffer
Student
Options

1000000110.jpg

 until midnight i slept without the CPAP mask and after midnight with the mask, u can see that that  my oxigen goes low before midnight but nit after that, I don't have another device to log the entire night for blood oxygen but when oxigen went low i actually woke up and felt like dying, problem is that any supposedly more accurate devices are very expensive and not as easy to sleep with like the watch5 so buying one for that reason only is not really worth it, so far id say that the watch is rather pretty accurate 

0 Likes
mwcincotta
First Poster
Options

I'm also concerned about my blood oxygen levels during sleep. First, I've set up an appointment with a doctor and I will have a sleep oximeter overnight next week, so I'll have some more official data. That said, when reviewing the comments in this forum, I notice that everyone's device informs them of the period of time they experience low blood oxygen. I do not receive that information, no matter how long my watch records low %. I'm in the US, and my Watch is just the 5, not the Pro. Could that be the reason, or perhaps that I'm not using the watch with a Samsung Phone? Any of these factors contributing or am I missing something? 

Screen Shot 2022-12-10 at 5.23.26 PM.png

0 Likes
mwcincotta
First Poster
Options

I'm also concerned about my blood oxygen levels during sleep. This doesn't happen often, and the images I'm posting are rare, but they refer to the point of my post. I've set up an appointment with a doctor and I will have a sleep oximeter overnight next week, so I'll have some more official data. That said:

When reviewing the comments in this forum, I notice that everyone's device informs them of the period of time they experience low blood oxygen. I do not receive that information, no matter how long my watch records low %. I'm in the US, and my Watch is just the 5, not the Pro. Could that be the reason, or perhaps that I'm not using the watch with a Samsung Phone? Any of these factors contributing or am I missing something? 

Screen Shot 2022-12-10 at 5.23.26 PM.png

0 Likes