Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Pay is unusuable on Galaxy Watch 5

(Topic created on: 19-02-2023 04:18 PM)
brentgold
Apprentice
Options

When I run, I can not look at the run timer without unlocking it now. I had to dump Samsung Pay because that simply isn't workable! Only problem I've had with this watch so far.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
Samsung pay works fine on my gw5, never had an issue. If you go into detail as to why Samsung pay is not working someone maybe able to help you.
0 Likes
Kondek85
Pathfinder
Options
Same issue here. The problem is a tattoo on my wrist, there's only a small amount of clear skin and 50% of the time my watch is being detected as not worn.
This was raised years ago and still no fix for this, there should be an option wether I want my watch to be locked or not. I don't know why they did it this way, there should be a lock directly to Samsung Pay but it locks the whole watch instead.
I stopped using Samsung Pay on my watch because if that too, I can't read a notification without unlocking, frustrating.
brentgold
Apprentice
Options

The app itself works fine, but to put cards on it the app requires you put on a lock screen.

Although I have the watch on super-tight, when I run the lock screen activates every 5 seconds. I guess the motion makes it seem like the watch is "being removed" or something? Anyway, that makes the running app unusable because you have to unlock to see any active running info. Which is super-annoying....

The only solution is to wipe the Samsung app and disable the lock screen.

0 Likes