Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Health to Strava isn't correct

(Topic created on: 31-03-2020 04:37 PM)
SamLeSolide
Explorer
Options

Hi developers,

My galaxy watch active 2 (46) is really good.

The main issue is that when Samsung Health send my data to Strava, the global running time isn't correct anymore.

My last run of today : Samsung Health 30min40 and Strava says 25min44. Any idea why there is a difference in the time ?

For me clearly Samsung Health is right and data get wrong when going to Strava.

Thanks in advance for your support

Screenshot_20200331-173026_Samsung Health.jpgScreenshot_20200331-173214_Strava.jpg

302 REPLIES 302
Skhotheni24
First Poster
Options

I dont beleive Samsung is fully to blame here. I understand they may not be using the industry standard file format but the actual data they are generating is not incorrect. Strava just isnt able to read the samsung data correctly in its auto upload. I have found if you manually import your samsung data files then the information is correct.

To do this export your GPX file from within samsung health and then upload this to strava. You must login to strava on their website (not the app) to import this file.

Again, it is not a good fix because it means you have to manaully do this everytime but it does mean your data matches.

In summary, Samsung doesnt use the standard file format (so some blame for them here) and Strava hasnt built their app to accomodate the Samsung file format adequately (so blame for Strava here too).

0 Likes
BenKOz
Student
Options

Samsung data has completely empty trackpoints, and trackpoints with only HR data, (yes, strava should parse it anyway)

easiest fix for samsung would probably be merging the hr data into the last trackpoint before upload or something

or fix it properly by putting the hr data with the gps or gps data with hr... and removing empty trackpoints?

<Trackpoint>

<Time>2020-06-16T02:14:07Z</Time>

</Trackpoint>

<Trackpoint>

<Time>2020-06-16T02:14:10Z</Time>

<Position>

<LatitudeDegrees>-37.675724</LatitudeDegrees>

<LongitudeDegrees>145.04128</LongitudeDegrees>

</Position>

<AltitudeMeters>101.45887</AltitudeMeters>

<Cadence>85.2685</Cadence>

<Extensions>

<TPX xmlns="http://www.garmin.com/xmlschemas/ActivityExtension/v2">

<Speed>3.235</Speed>

</TPX>

</Extensions>

</Trackpoint>

<Trackpoint>

<Time>2020-06-16T02:14:11Z</Time>

<HeartRateBpm>

<Value>91.0</Value>

</HeartRateBpm>

</Trackpoint>

0 Likes
jakeobgee
Student
Options

Hi all,

Another one to add to the list of this happening repeatedly. I'm using a Galaxy Watch Active with the native activty tracker. Yesterday I ran 7km @ 4'50''/km with a moving time of 34:02. When I synced to Strava (which happens automatically over bluetooth) the moving time had reduced to 25:13 and my apparent pace/km was 3'38''. Ridiculous. My current workaround is to just export the file as a .gpx from the samsung health app and then upload that file to strava.

I'm not sure why what seems to be such a simple software issue is taking so long to get fixed. It can't be that hard for one of the developers from Samsung to contact one of the developers from Strava and have the problem sorted within a matter of days.  

I've contacted Samsung about this through the Samsung Health app and am awaiting a reply. Perhaps if all of us who are having this issue contacted Samsung and Strava then it might help to get it resolved. 

tomatoketchup
Journeyman
Options

Yep, same issue here. Have logged with Samsung Support but I keep getting fobbed off with standard stock responses, the most recent of which saying "the algorithm is different". Have replied back with additional information as they requested but not holding out much hope. I seem to keep getting my tickets closed as "resolved" when they're really not; and then told to open a new ticket with any new information. Although, to be fair, I am slow to respond (I have a lot on!). Thought I would add a reply here to add weight to the fact this is annoying their customers. But let's face it, despite selling it as a feature of the watch; Samsung have always been lousy at actually supporting this sync. 

0 Likes
SamLeSolide
Explorer
Options

Hello. Happy to see that this post is still alive even if Samsung is just lazy to resolve it.

Honestly this is over for me. I did put an add in my local website and will sell this watch asap! 

I heard that last Google Wear Watches are good. Fossil Gen 2 if I am not mistaken.

0 Likes
gr4v1ty
First Poster
Options

Does anybody have problem with the speed data not recodring correctly? I have no problem with the time elapsed, but the speed recording are off track. When uploadd via GPX, it's ok... 

Screenshot_20200528-131921_Strava.jpgScreenshot_20200527-113429_Samsung Health.jpgScreenshot_20200527-113443_Strava.jpg

0 Likes
ZingRun
Student
Options

after checking as race, it now shows extra time

0 Likes
Kjf323
First Poster
Options

Time looks right in race but my distance is not at all accurate.

Very disappointing. 

Love my Active 2 though

0 Likes
Skully14
Explorer
Options

@Skhotheni24 wrote:

I dont beleive Samsung is fully to blame here. I understand they may not be using the industry standard file format but the actual data they are generating is not incorrect. Strava just isnt able to read the samsung data correctly in its auto upload. I have found if you manually import your samsung data files then the information is correct.

To do this export your GPX file from within samsung health and then upload this to strava. You must login to strava on their website (not the app) to import this file.

Again, it is not a good fix because it means you have to manaully do this everytime but it does mean your data matches.

In summary, Samsung doesnt use the standard file format (so some blame for them here) and Strava hasnt built their app to accomodate the Samsung file format adequately (so blame for Strava here too).

Skhotheni24, thanks for the info here.

Do you believe ths is issue will be resolved between Samsung and Strave teams?

Or as end users, of an expensive purchase of a health watch, have to put up with the in accuracies and suck it up?

Cheers

0 Likes
Skully14
Explorer
Options
Just sent this to Chris, a Mod, lets see if we get any feedback.

Samsung-Health-to-Strava-isn-t-correct
https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Wearables/Samsung-Health-to-Strava-isn-t-correct/td-p/1643853/ju...

Chris Hi, any chance you could look at the above post thats been running for many months.
Do you think the issue will eventually get resolved between Samsung and Strava?
If so on what time scale?
I have reported my issues as requested by Ant, would i expect a reply?
Several community members are considering returning the watch, as am i, because nothing appears to be moving forward with a resolution.
I think whats more frustrating, for members/users is we appear to be being ignored, with no input from anyone from Samsung.
Any help advice would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers Ian.
0 Likes