Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S4 watch Battery help

(Topic created on: 27-08-2021 10:35 AM)
Pep4d
Explorer
Options

Can anyone give me tips please my battery on new s4 watch seems to be running down fast and not sure what I should do to try and sort this... Any help will be great please... Thankyou Pep x 

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
dvdhpr
Explorer
Options
Yep mine is the same
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
There's a few issues around battery drain at moment - probably down to bugs in the OS that hopefully will be ironed out in software updates and also the device learning usage patterns. Mine was draining quick but since updating to the latest firmware then it's reporting an longer estimated battery time.
You could try updating to latest firmware, turn WiFi off if not using it, NFC off if not needed, and selecting battery saving mode which will turn off the screen being always on etc.
Pep4d
Explorer
Options
Thankyou guys... I did update to latest softwear I will check out the other info advice you have given me ty again x
0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options
When I got my watch it came with approx 75% battery life. I charged it to 100% before I turned it on for the first time... Setting up the watch took me around an hour and in that time my watch dropped to 70%!
After setting up the watch I turned off WiFi, Location and NFC. I charged the watch back to 100% and it has now been 1 d 13 h since that charge, and I currently still have 29% battery life remaining.
Screenshot_20210827-114928_Galaxy Watch4 Plugin.jpg

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
dreadz123
Journeyman
Options
After updating firmware.. My battery seems to be lot better! Before then it was stupidly quick at draining
0 Likes
Beer_MonsterUK
First Poster
Options
I got frustrated with my battery life not lasting 24hrs with wi-fi and GPS turned off and was advised to return the 46mm classic by "support", I use the term very loosely. Downside is I'm without a watch for 7 to 10 days.
0 Likes
Paulsg
Journeyman
Options
Turning off WiFi improved my battery life considerably
0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

I found that Wifi drained the battery considerably on my Galaxy Watch, Watch 3 and Watch 4. It's pretty annoying spending lots of money of devices that have lots of features but you end up having to disable many of them just to get through a day of average use.

After getting two days out of the last charge this is where I'm at on the second:

Screenshot_20210829-094341_Galaxy Watch4 Plugin.jpg

I'm going to enable NFC prior to the third charge and see what results I get with it enabled. Will do the same eventually for GPS and WiFI but I know WiFi will wipe out the battery in under 20 hours for sure!

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
TIMZY92
First Poster
Options

I have had my watch for over week now and the battery has been very good for me so far. When I got it I think it was 75% charged and I drained it to about 15% before i did the first charge. I get about a day and a half of battery life.

I have the 44mm watch Bluetooth, with heart rate reading continuous but I don't use the always on display.

I also limit the number of apps I get notifications. For example I turned off notifications for social media stuff like Instagram because I don't think that important. But get notification for any messenger app like WhatsApp. 

I also have the Wifi on and NFC all the time.

0 Likes