Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Ridiculous battery issues.

(Topic created on: 28-09-2023 03:26 PM)
Ray42
Voyager
Options
Since the latest update on my Watch 4 Classic my battery life has plummeted from about 50 hours to less than 40. This is completely unacceptable, especially when you consider I don't use any of the Health features. The only apps I use regularly are Clock, Reminders and Weather. My usage hasn't changed so why the massive drop in battery life? I've been happy with my watch so far, but having to charge it every day is a pain.

Is anyone else in the same boat or is it just me?
Go to solution
13 REPLIES 13
Ray42
Voyager
Options
Seems to be slightly better now, back up to just over 40 hrs.
Bel83
First Poster
Options

I've had the same. I originally used my watch with an esim connected to my phone, but it would never connect properly and the battery only lasted about 12hrs. I ditched the esim and just used it connected via bluetooth as it's rare for me to not have my phone anyway. Battery life went up to at least 48hrs, reliably, and that's with all the health monitoring on. 
Latest update 2 weeks ago and I am can't get 24hrs out of it. I charged it yesterday afternoon at 2pm, by 9pm it was dead. 
It's all very well saying clear the cache etc, but the point is that pre the update it was working perfectly, and yet again an update has impaired service. These watches cost a fortune, I don't understand how they can be released with such poor performance. 

0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Hi @Bel83 

Could you send in an error report via the Samsung Members app? This will allow our engineers to look into the query in detail and find the cause:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-send-an-error-report/

0 Likes
Bel1983
Explorer
Options
Thanks, have just done. :smiling-face: