Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Ridiculous battery issues.

(Topic created on: 28-09-2023 03:28 PM)
Ray42
Voyager
Options
Since the latest update on my Watch 4 Classic my battery life has plummeted from about 50 hours to less than 40. This is completely unacceptable, especially when you consider I don't use any of the Health features. The only apps I use regularly are Clock, Reminders and Weather. My usage hasn't changed so why the massive drop in battery life? I've been happy with my watch so far, but having to charge it every day is a pain.

Is anyone else in the same boat or is it just me?
13 REPLIES 13
GusB
Black Belt 
Options
Try clearing the cache partition on the watch (find out how from YT etc) I have had good success in correcting various watch issues by doing this
0 Likes
Ray42
Voyager
Options
I've cleared it in the past with good results, but the update appears to have killed that, as no matter how I try the watch carries on booting. I've tried doing it quickly and tried doing it slowly to no avail. The reduced battery life is a nuisance - charging every day will reduce the overall life of the battery.
0 Likes
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Ray42  Ideas are to consider Power Saver Mode at times, ensure Apps are up to date, ,delete the cache and close Background Data.

With wiping  the cache partition are you following these steps:

You should have the battery fully charged before starting this process on your smartwatch.

1. The Samsung Galaxy Watch must be turned on.

2. Now press and hold the "HOME" and "BACK" buttons simultaneously until you see the Samsung logo with "Rebooting".

3. Now release both buttons immediately and now press the home button (top right) quickly one after the other.

4. You are now in the boot menu of the Samsung Galaxy Watch. In this menu you can scroll with the "HOME" button by pressing it repeatedly.

5. Now navigate to the menu item "RECOVERY" and then press and hold the "HOME" button. This will reboot the Samsung Galaxy Watch into Android recovery mode.

6.You are now in recovery mode, which is similar to that of Samsung Galaxy smartphones.

7. Now press the "BACK" button (lower button on the right) until you have selected the menu item "WIPE CACHE PARTITION". To select it, press the "HOME" button once.

8. Now select "YES" by scrolling down and then select the entry with the home button.

9. The Wipe Cache partiton will now be executed on your Samsung Galaxy Watch. This takes a few seconds. Afterwards, the recovery menu is displayed again. Now select "Reboot Now" to restart the Samsung Galaxy Watch.

Have you tried Rebooting: https://www.samsung.com/Reboot Galaxy watch 

Personally the main reason I have a Galaxy watch is the Health functions though I do use them all.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Ray42
Voyager
Options
As I said before, for some reason I can't get into the boot menu...
0 Likes
Ray42
Voyager
Options
Update: I've just tried it again and it worked! Now let's see what happens.
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If your on the latest firmware, that's the cause, my watch5 has issues, already performed a partition cache wipe, then resorted to a full reset, not as bad but still bad battery
REGARDS, OBSYDIAN - Car & Tech Evangelist / 2 decades of Samsung Ownership
DAILY: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Buds Pro2, 20,000 Power bank, Smart Tags
OFFICE: Book2 Pro i7 [Laptop], M70A 32” [Monitor], Samsung Level [Speaker]
GAMING: M70A 43” [Monitor], Book2 Pro i5, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptops]
FAMILY: ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S7 Plus, Buds Pro2
SPARE: Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], ZFlip3
AV: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears],
KITCHEN: MC32K7055 [Microwave], S65DG54M3B1 [Fridge] Jet 75 (Vacuum)
NON-SAMSUNG: iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2, Phone 12
Ray42
Voyager
Options
Wish Samsung would get their fingers out and issue a fix.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Ray42  Let us know how it goes, hopefully at least some improvement.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Tony1108
Journeyman
Options
Noticed the same thing with mine I turned every thing I could off I've cleared cache yet overnight I lost 50% out of 100% battery and it was fine before the update I'm so done with Samsung watches after this