Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concerning watch 5 pro burn

(Topic created on: 27-09-2023 11:34 PM)
welly191
Journeyman
Options
You may have seen a previous post from me about a burn I got from my watch 5 pro in the middle of the night where I thought it was going to explode itnwasbso hot.

Well anyway, Samsung were great at organising it to be taken away and investigated. However, they're now saying they can see there's a fault with the motherboard and will fix that and send it back.

My biggest concern is that the exact same thing is going to happen again. They've given me no assurances that this won't happen again and I think that the motherboard fault is due to the high temperature it got to, not the other way round.

Should I be accepting a repair or should I be asking for a refund/replacement? I'll be so annoyed if I let myself get burnt again. I'd certainly consider legal action if it does.
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
That is a tough one and certainly down to yourself. I would be furious however if the motherboard is replaced that's most of the watch. It just leaves the battery but if the battery was damaged it would have swelled up and in worst case would have created thermal run away which is where it burns out. So my thoughts are it should be absolutely fine now but I understand your worried about the watch. Samsung will only repair (if possible) after the 14 day period. However I think in your case because the watch has physically Injured you you should be entitled to a replacement. Me personally I would be going spare and taking it to the next level but it's whether you can be bothered and it will take time.
welly191
Journeyman
Options
Thanks. I really don't feel confident putting it back on my wrist.
Told them that and they've told me they'll give me a settlement offer of £134.... that's with them keeping my watch AND (obviously) the £100 device I traded in. Can't help but feel that's a bit of a p*ss take?!, haha
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
It is taking the pi ss the issue is when something is repairable they are hell bent on repairing full refund or replacement is only an option to them if its irreparable. In your case though a replacement or refund is needed. Just keep on at them. How old is the watch?
0 Likes
welly191
Journeyman
Options
Watch was purchased in march. So it's not new new, but it's not old either. Sadly for me it was the first Samsung product I'd purchased and I've followed it up since with an s23 ultra and about £5ks worth of kitchen appliancesnafter a renovation. Really hoping they pull their finger out on this one and don't push for the repair. When they offered £134 and the cost to buy from their website ATM is £300+ it's rubbish.
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Yea it's because they seeing it as a used product however due to it burning you you deserve compensation and a brand new watch
0 Likes