Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Watch 6 Classic Causes Burn Swelling and Blisters

(Topic created on: 29-02-2024 07:06 PM)
Capn_Jack_Savvy
First Poster
Options

I have owned my Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Classic since mid-December 2023 and really enjoy the features of the wearable technology.  In January I experienced some irritation that I thought was from the small watch band so I purchased a third party metal band.  The irritation went away and all was good.  Now we are in February 2024 and I am experiencing a small dot on the top of my wrist that sits under the watch.  Two days later that dot flared up to a full on 1 cm swelling bump with 4-5 small blisters.  I only wear the watch while at work and have worn watches all my life but this is the first time I have been burned by a watch.  I am shocked that Samsung has not spoken up about this or mentioned it as a cautionary warning.  I will now be returning the watch because I qualify this technology as hazardous to ones health.

8 REPLIES 8
AaronAJ
Options

@Capn_Jack_Savvy We take these matters very seriously. Please drop a DM to @Sam_UK and I can escalate this for you.

TheRealDarren
Explorer
Options
I have the same issue. I can only wear for a day at most then have to use cream to soothe the skin. I now have a patch of dry bumpy skin where I wear and have stopped using it all together now. My old Galaxy Watch 3 would only ever irritate my skin if my wrist got wet or sweaty from the heat
0 Likes
AsadM
Options

Hi @TheRealDarrenif you are based in the UK or Ireland then please send a private message to Sam_UK by following the steps in the link below, and I or one of the other mods will be able to get this escalated for you.  

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm... 

0 Likes
JerryS
Voyager
Options
Although I haven't had any irritation or marks, I exercise quite a lot and after some months of using a Watch 5 Ultra and now the 6 classic noticed that if I don't wear it I don't seem to sweat directly underneath where the watch would sit. There's like a dry patch, really strange. For that reason I alternated wrists as it worried me a little
0 Likes
rebeccaplim
Student
Options
I'm having the same issue my wrist has scaled and reddened how come this happens never had a problem until now with the watch 6?
0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Hi @rebeccaplim 

We're sad to hear about your experience, and would like to look into this further. If you're within the UK or Ireland, please send a private message to @Sam_UK, so we can escalate this for you. For more info on how to do so, check out the following link: 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm...

Members_giMDYsl
First Poster
Options

It's a shame, I've been wearing Samsung watches since they had the fit series and then got the active 2. I wore them all the time and this never happened. I wore my watch to sleep for couple of hours today and woke up with a red semi circle on my skin, absolutely fuming. I've had to take breaks from wearing my watch which I never had to do before. A watch is to be worn, not used as a clock on the side. Pictures attached of both wrists. 

1000035315.jpg

1000035314.jpg

0 Likes
AtshaamY
Options

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some problems with your watch. If you are based in the UK or Ireland, then please send us a Private Message to Sam_UK, so we can escalate this to the relevant team.

AtshaamY

0 Likes