Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 6 not detecting workouts

(Topic created on: 01-03-2024 12:31 PM)
Gee Money
First Poster
Options

My Galaxy 6 watch is not detecting any of my exercises rowing elliptical or treadmill. I have an S24+ phone and All of the settings are on. My Galaxy 4 watch worked very good in detecting exercises but this watch is not detecting anything. 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@Gee Money : On your Watch6, please try heading to the Samsung Health app > Settings > Activities to detect, and toggle on your preferred workout options from here. If the exercises are not recognised automatically, turn on the auto detect workouts feature and tap the switch of the exercise type that uses this feature under Activities to detect. 

Once you have engaged in an activity for more than 10 minutes (for running, 3 minutes) while wearing the Watch, it automatically recognises that you are exercising and records exercise information such as the exercise type, duration, and calories burned. I hope this helps. 

Gee Money
First Poster
Options

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for responding to me and my issue with my watch. I've done all the steps that you mentioned in the Samsung health app settings and all the settings that you told me to do we're already on, I toggle them on and off just in case.

This morning I worked out on the elliptical treadmill bicycle and rowing machine, my watch did not detect any of those workouts, the only workout it detected was me on the treadmill and it had it for 30 minutes which I only did 10 minutes so when I was on the elliptical it still thought I was on the treadmill or walking.

You mentioned that I have to be active for 10 minutes or more, All my workouts are 10 minutes but today I did them longer and still nothing reacted. My old Samsung watch which was a 4 was very accurate it always picked up on what machine I was working out on and detected it within two to three minutes of working out. I think it's really bad that the Samsung watch 6 has a workout time of 10 minutes that is far too long to detect the workout it should be anywhere between two and three minutes just like the Samsung 4 watch was.

I really hope Samsung can fix this issue it's not good, the main reason I got the watch was for my workouts and if it cannot detect my workouts then the watch is practically useless.
0 Likes
Bexter22
First Poster
Options

I am having exactly the same issue - do frustrating as I only purchased it for the exercise tracking 😡

0 Likes