Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality Earbuds for Sensitive Ears

(Topic created on: 30-04-2023 05:31 PM)
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
Something I came across by accident after reading a post from another user about ear infections, is the possibility of allergies or sensitivities to wireless ear buds, which I hadn't considered previously. For example the earbuds pro2 etc contain Stainless Steel and silicone to which some can have allergies and they are quite large so can cause issues if you have sensitive skin i.e pushing them in, taking them out

So I am wondering if people have tried alternatives that have got around the sensitivity issues or allergies with a good fit without sacrificing quality of sound and features etc

I understand different people will have different issues so there will never be one brand or model etc that suits all

I think a big let down in most of the brands is the lack of replacement or alternative tips from the manufacturer e.g hypoallergenic and or any bacterial, which should be the norm in wearables in sensitive areas such as in the ears, which leaves people hunting through after market alternatives which can cause a host of other problems

I have started doing some research on different brands to use with my S23u but this could apply to almost any model of phone

The model of buds that seems to top the charts in a lot of the reviews seems to be the SonyWF-1000XM4 with a new model due out anytime but that is in terms of audio quality and features but it's hard to get details about how different brands or models compare when it comes to sensitivities etc Other brands that score high are Bose quiet comfort various beats models etc and obviously Samsung score high

So it would be good to know if others have found brands that are of high quality and cause less issues with sensitivities etc but work well with Samsung as it can be an expensive process trying out different versions of earbuds etc
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I personally use the bose 700 nc over head ones as I don't like the in ear ones. My son seems to like the Samsung ones.

I only use the headset at home so don't need them outside.
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
Thank you for your comments. I too use over ear headphones indoors, I don't think you can beat good quality over ear headphones for comfort and sound. My brother has some Bose quiet comfort Bluetooth over ear headphones and they sound amazing. Brands like Bose and B&O are definitely goto brands for audio connoisseurs if you have the budget 🙂
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Got mine free with the Pixel 6 . 😊