Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Membership cards on Samsung pay watch plug in?

(Topic created on: 28-12-2020 09:59 PM)
InkyBlue
Student
Options

I'd like to add some store cards (UK based - want to add my nectar card for example) and don't see any option for this. I downloaded the Samsung Pay watch plug in to my phone, where I was able to add a debit card, but there was no option for membership cards. I assume this is only possible if I have access to the full app on my phone, which I can't seem to download anywhere.

Is there a solution for this? Am I being really stupid? Thanks!

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Cosmic730
Pioneer
Options
That will be why. You might be aware that you can't get the Samsung Pay app on a non Samsung phone. The reason why you can't add reward cards on your Samsung watch is because the watch display is too small for a barcode to be clear enough to scan. That's why there isn't an option to add reward cards when you open Samsung Pay though the Galaxy Wearable app. I have a Samsung phone and watch but even I can't add reward cards to my watch.

Like the others have mentioned, your only option is to have the digital version of your nectar card added to Google Pay or another app.

View solution in context

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Cosmic730
Pioneer
Options
What phone do you have?
0 Likes
InkyBlue
Student
Options

Huawei P20

0 Likes
InkyBlue
Student
Options

You mean the Nectar app on my phone? I've done that and it's set up, but I was hoping to add it to my watch also

0 Likes
InkyBlue
Student
Options

Yeah the issue is that only Samsung Pay works on my watch...thank you though

0 Likes
Solution
Cosmic730
Pioneer
Options
That will be why. You might be aware that you can't get the Samsung Pay app on a non Samsung phone. The reason why you can't add reward cards on your Samsung watch is because the watch display is too small for a barcode to be clear enough to scan. That's why there isn't an option to add reward cards when you open Samsung Pay though the Galaxy Wearable app. I have a Samsung phone and watch but even I can't add reward cards to my watch.

Like the others have mentioned, your only option is to have the digital version of your nectar card added to Google Pay or another app.
0 Likes
InkyBlue
Student
Options

Ah that's a shame. Makes sense but also makes the watch payments far less useful if I have to go digging in my wallet for a store card anyway. Thanks for the reply.

0 Likes
Cosmic730
Pioneer
Options
You can get a key ring tag for nectar if that helps. I've got one and it's easier to pull out your keys. You won't need to go through your wallet if you've got your nectar card added to Google Pay. You'll just need your phone and scan the barcode that comes up when you're ready to pay. I rarely go out with my wallet these days because everything I need is on my phone (I do have a backup if something were to go wrong with my phone or I lose it etc)
0 Likes
InkyBlue
Student
Options

Might be the best option, thanks!

0 Likes