Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making the Switch to Tizen

(Topic created on: 26-12-2020 02:45 AM)
ALSY
Navigator
Options
Here's the thing, I'm a long-time Wear OS user. Back in the summer I picked up a Samsung S20 and I've been toying with the idea of switching out my Android watch for Watch 3. 

I'm not an exercise nut but I do like a regular walk and cycle ride. Although I make use of Google Fit to track exercise, my main use of my current watch is productivity (reminders, agenda, etc) and communication. 

I like the look of the Watch 3; it appears to be a more polished device than middle of the road Android watches but it's it overkill of gym and fitness routines aren't the be all and end all? Am I better off staying on Wear OS and looking at something like the Fossil Gen 5?

I'm drawn more to the Samsung, the reviews look good but I'm interested to know what real users think. Any opinions would be gratefully accepted.

Cheers.
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Schwifty
First Poster
Options
i love the watch 3 😁 the health monitor is just amazing its lighter but has a bigger face the operating software tizen is just unreal it has a ECG inside of it the sleep patterns are amazing the battery lasts longer and its a good looking watch if you want looks this is the watch to go for
ALSY
Navigator
Options
So a quick update. I went for the Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 in the end, and based on the first full day's use it was a good move. I'm really pleased with it as a device; it's streets ahead of my Android wearables. The screen quality is phenomenal and the battery life is something else. If I was going to pick on anything though, it would be the quality of the strap (at nearly £400, I expected a much higher quality leather band; it's very thin and doesn't feel like it'll last long); and I'm not very impressed at the lack of an actual power pack for the charger cable. I have plenty of other plugs from other wearables but I'm not too keen on using non Samsung plugs with it (does anybody know where I can source a genuine Z Samsung plug?).

Overall though, really pleased with the watch.
0 Likes