Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 3 and Samsung Pay gives Credit Card Expired

(Topic created on: 27-01-2024 09:44 PM)
TNJGB
Navigator
Options

After some years of use without issue today I tried to pay with my Samsung Watch 3 LTE and for each of the 3 cards on the watch the merchants terminal rejected the payment with "card expired". The credit cards have not expired, they were added to the watch only a year ago. I managed to pay using Samsung Wallet on my phone.

There was a notification on my phone dated 16th December saying Samsung were no longer going to provide Samsung Pay updates for Samsung Tizen based watches and the eventually the service would no longer work on these watches.

Surely this should not have been withdrawn already on a Watch 3 making the watch superfluous? Has anyone else had this problem and is there a workaround?

5 REPLIES 5
Or_77
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue. Card till 2028. I dont hqve a fix

LionelJ
Student
Options

I have the same problem starting sometime in February 2024.
Very annoying that this has occurred without any warning.

0 Likes
LionelJ
Student
Options

My credit cards were initially registered using Samsung Pay. I started up Samsung Wallet and was prompted to re-activate both my credit cards for use in Wallet. Which I did. 
After the reactivation, one of the cards was then accepted the first time that I used the watch but subsequent attempts with either card selected in the watch failed with the "Credit Card expired" notification.
It would be nice if we could get a Samsung response to this issue.

Kasim Raza
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue Samsung pay is giving error 101-card expired while it's not and the physical card is working fine. any solutions? my Samsung pay is updated to the latest version

0 Likes
TNJGB
Navigator
Options

I worked around this by removing every card from Samsung Pay then deleting all the data in the app and starting again. I contacted the credit card companies and there was no issue with the cards at their end or that they could see. Its working again for now.

I only use Samsung Pay as it is the only payment app that can be used on my watch and once it no longer works on the watch I will stop using it.

0 Likes