Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowest Blood Oxygen Levels Drops During Sleep?

(Topic created on: 05-03-2024 11:20 PM)
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Sporadically I will check on my nights Blood Oxygen levels and whilst they generally are above 90% the entire night I'll get a random few here or there that have plunged to the low 80% range and now recently I've hit 78% on multiple occasions. Just trying to guage how normal this may be. I use a single loop nylon band that keeps the watch perfectly in place and clean it with a microfibre cloth before sleep, opting for the left wrist roughly an inch above the wrist bone. I have a few theories I wanted to throw out there firstly. I do enjoy sleeping with my arm under my pillow. They are orthopedic memory foam but still  I'm thinking I could be cutting off circulation to my arm with the watch during sleep. That or I've got sleep apnea. Or is just normal. I don't have anyone to compare data with so would be interested in knowing what others get. 
35 REPLIES 35
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Are you on Android 14 / One UI 6? Here's a screenshot of what mine looks like from android 14. I think the look maybe changed a bit but overall it looks the same to me. You don't find it on the Blood Oxygen section itself for some weird reason. You find it on the sleep section when you scroll down. I've posted some screenshots to help.1701921021673.jpg1701921021691.jpg1701921021710.jpg1701921021733.jpg
0 Likes
DisneyT
First Poster
Options
Does the watch 6 automatically measure oxygen whilst you sleep? T.I.A
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Yes, it will automatically record oxygen levels during sleep. You may have to turn the setting on first, I'm not 100% sure which settings are on or off automatically out of the box. But when you open Samsungs 'Wearable' app click on 'Watch Settings' then click on 'Samsung Health', under the 'Measurements' section at the top click on 'Sleep' then toggle 'Blood Oxygen During Sleep' to on.
MatRey
Student
Options
Really?! You didn't say that you felt it was that bad in your main post here. You just wanted to get an idea. Maybe you're joking about the emergency calls.
I mentioned the low readings (similar to yours) to my doctor, but she wasn't sure how accurate the Galaxy Watches were. I'll get sleep study results soon. I went to my doctor because I have sleep problems and feel tired a lot.
0 Likes
MatRey
Student
Options
Better to get another opinion from another doctor.
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
I was just joking yeah sorry. I was being a tad sassy at the time it appears 😅