Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

galaxy watch 5 pro doesn't track sleep

(Topic created on: 16-10-2023 09:41 PM)
nejirezgui
Explorer
Options

My galaxy watch 5 pro BT will drive me crazy .  Sometimes  it doesn't detect  sleep at all and sometimes it doesn't detect sleep unless i get up at  night for drinking water for example and when I sleep again  it works. it occasionally    trucks my sleep after  2 or three hours of sleeping but in all cases the stages are innacccuarte.
  I activated all what is required by the sleep tracking feature, such as blood oxygen during sleeping, snore detection, continuous heart rate tracking... I also reset the watch, cleaned the sensors, and wore the watch well as instructed, upside down  but nothing changed. 

the Samsung Health and the galaxy wearable apps are up to date, the watch is also up to date. My number of steps, heart rate and my sports sessions are always detected correctly. There is only a problem with sleep. I cleared the cache - and restarted my phone and the watch.

The watch was given all permissions required, and the battery for Samsung health app is unrestricted and I have read many tips on the Internet and tried several, but without result.

I also used to activate bedtime mode but unfortunately it didn't make any difference

My phone is Samsung S23 ultra.

Is there a solution to my issue?

6 REPLIES 6
Philbr58
Navigator
Options
Seems to be a common problem. Mine is useless as well. Hope for an update to fix it.
nejirezgui
Explorer
Options

Yes, it's a common problem. I have had a galaxy watch 4 classic which had the same problem, I bought pro5 but I was surprised that it is not better than 4 in recording sleeping so I can't trust galaxy watches again. I tried fitbit, it was very good according to sleep but it is very poor in other matters, it is not a smart watch. Huawei is good but it is inaccurate in sleep recording.

I hope I can find a real smart watch accurate in sleeping and has good looking like huawei
Apple watches are the most accurate but must stick to iphone and ios which I don't like them.

0 Likes
Robin S
Explorer
Options

It is a generic problem with most watches that have been updated to the latest version of the OS. Sleep tracking is all over the place. People report delays in sleep tracking starting (in bed at 00:30, sleep tracking starts at 2:00) and very, very little deep sleep tracked. I have/had both problems on my GW6 Classic and my Watch 5 PRO.

I am testing with both to see if I can find a pattern. So far, the only thing I can see (need more time to make sure this is the case) is that when I wear either watch on the right hand, then it does not track the start of my sleep very well. I have purposely not yet updated the GW 5PRO to the latest version.

0 Likes
nejirezgui
Explorer
Options

My galaxy 5 pro has had the issue before and after the update

awindup
Journeyman
Options
I've got a very similar problem in that. It doesn't always detect sleep on my galaxy watch 5. There's also another fault with the oxygen sensor that has large gaps in it and even if it does detect your oxygen levels. When you click for more information, for example. It says below 90% for 1 hour and 3 minutes. But when you click it, it says
100%.
Lowest
I'm pretty confident that one hundred percent is higher than ninety not less than ninety, so i'm a little disgruntled.
0 Likes
Kari E
First Poster
Options

I have had the EXACT issue and have been chasing this for weeks to find a solution.  I had to send the watch in under warranty for it not consistently tracking my walking schedule.  It would track for 10 minutes, stop and then pick up again in about 5 minutes over an hour walk.  Samsung fixed that but still having the same issue as you on the sleep.  Tells me to tighten the band, I do and wake up with band marks it is so tight!  I even tried putting the watch in "sleep" mode to see if that would help and no.  I use WHOOP on the other wrist that tracks perfectly but I want the watch to work correctly. 

0 Likes