Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing the Galaxy Buds Pro!

(Topic created on: 19-01-2021 01:09 PM)
AntS
Options

06_galaxybudspro_phantom_violet_case_front_open_combination.jpg

Revealed at Unpacked 2021, the next gen earbuds, the Galaxy Buds Pro – available to buy from 29 January, or pre-order now!

(Pre-order from now until 28 January 2021, and you can claim a free Samsung Wireless Charging Pad. More info on that here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/galaxy-buds-preorder/#Gifts , and a guide on how to claim your gift here: How to claim your gift when you pre-order the Galaxy Buds Pro.)

Now, I love my Buds. (And my Buds Live... I might be addicted to Buds...) But the Buds Pro are all about next-level audio experience and control, an even more seamless experience across Galaxy devices, and ergonomic design without compromising style.

Some specs:

Colour Phantom Violet, Phantom Black, Phantom Silver
Dimension
& Weight
Earbud: 19.5 x 20.5 x 20.8 mm, 6.3g

Charging Case: 50 x 50.2 x 27.8 mm, 44.9g

Speaker 2-way (11mm woofer + 6.5mm tweeter)
Microphone 3 mics (2 outer + 1 inner) + Voice Pickup Unit + Wind Shield
ANC, Ambient Mode & Voice Detect ANC: Cutting external background noise by up to 99%, 2 adjustable levels

Ambient Mode: Amplifying up to +20dB, 4 adjustable levels

Voice Detect

Battery Capacity  Earbuds: 61 mAh

Charging Case: 472 mAh

Play Time 5 hours / Up to 18 hours (ANC on)

8 hours / Up to 28 hours (ANC off)

Talk Time 4 hours / Up to 14.5h (ANC on)

5 hours / Up to17.5h (ANC off)

Charging Up to 1-hour play time / 5-minute quick charging

Qi-certified wireless charging

Connectivity Bluetooth 5.0®

Codec: Scalable (Samsung proprietary), AAC, SBC

Sensor Accelerometer, Gyro, Proximity, Hall, Touch, Voice Pickup Unit(VPU)
Compatibility  

Android 7.0 or higher, with more than 1.5GB of RAM

Some features may not be available on non-Samsung devices

Water Resistance IPX7

Some highlights:

Next-level audio experience and control

• Deeper bass and crisp treble with minimum distortion.
  • Voice Pickup Unit (VPU), and Wind Shield technology.
  • Intelligent Active Noise Control:
  • Active Noise Cancelling (ANC) enabling reduction of background noise by up to 99%
  • Ambient Mode can amplify nearby sounds to more than 20 decibels
  • ANC and Ambient Mode automatically working together, adapting to your surroundings to optimise your audio experience. For example, the Buds Pro can automatically recognise when you’re speaking, turn down what you’re listening to, and switches from ANC to Ambient Mode. Pretty cool, huh?

Seamless Experience with Auto Switch

• Auto Switch automatically toggles your earbuds connection between your One UI 3.1 Galaxy smartphones and tablets based on your usage. So, if you’re receiving a call on your phone whilst watching a video on your tablet, you can answer the call on the Buds Pro, and once the call is over, the Buds Pro instantly switches back to your tablet and the video you were playing.

Design & Comfort

• IPX7 water resistance rating.
  • Improved ergonomics improves comfort and sound quality: they’re less protrusive and more natural when in your ears; and reduces the contact area between your ear and the bud - improving comfort and minimising a clogged-up feeling.
  • SmartThings app and Bluetooth tracking in case you lose your Buds Pro. There’s Offline finding too, that’ll help you answer the question “Well, where did you last have them?” even if they’re no longer connected to your phone.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Share your thoughts about the Galaxy Buds Pro in this thread!

16 REPLIES 16
danitudi971
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

Hey @AntS ,

thanks for sharing! :smiling-face:

You didn't mention that Galaxy Buds Pro are fully compatible with Bixby so you can talk to the voice assistant on your Bixby-enabled Galaxy Smartphones / Tablets even if they are far away from you (this feature may increase battery usage of the earbuds).

Also, with the Galaxy Buds Capsule being released to Bixby-enabled Smartphones / Tablet, you can ask Bixby to change Galaxy Buds settings (like ANC or Ambient mode) or to check earbuds battery life without looking or touching the screen! 😋

See you soon!

Un assistente vocale per il tuo ecosistema Galaxy: Bixby

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@AntS  The Galaxy Buds Pro do sound pretty amazing  and certainly take the technology to the next level  ,even if not everyone will wish to upgrade at the moment.  I am currently using  ANC  Bluetooth  Noise  cancelling Headphones mind you.   In particular Deeper bass and crisp treble , the integration of ANC and ambient mode and the Seamless experience with Auto switch  should be most rewarding. 

@danitudi971  yes thanks for mentioning the compatibility  with Bixby  which would be beneficial    (not withstanding the trade off in battery life)

Cnet  say  they may not always be a perfect fit though https://www.cnet.com/news/samsung-galaxy-buds-pro-review-mostly-impressive-but-fit-isnt-perfect/   Gets a more impressive review in The Verge though the one downsize may be  the reduced Battery Life (though will  not always  be an issue)  https://www.theverge.com/2021/1/15/22231848/samsung-galaxy-buds-pro-review 

For a comparison with Buds Live see here https://www.samsung.com/uk/audio-sound/galaxy-buds/galaxy-buds-live 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Regnarts
Pathfinder
Options
I love my Buds Live, and was excited about the Buds Pro.

Sadly for me, they seem to lack the very feature that made the Buds Live my favourite buds; my ear canals are too narrow to comfortably accept any in-ear buds.

Sadly, I will have to just drool over them. 😢
0 Likes
Hackett
Voyager
Options
hi ive preorderd the s21 ultra and it states we can claim the ear buds pro and a smart tag so how do I claim them, my phone is being delivered on the 26th jan.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Hackett: If you pre-ordered from samsung.com/uk then you would have been required to select your gift options at the purchase stage. If your order was placed via the Samsung Ireland Online Shop, or any other participating retailer, then you can claim your gifts via the Benefits Section of the Samsung Members app upon receipt of your S21 Ultra. I hope this helps. 

0 Likes
Hackett
Voyager
Options
ok thanks, yes thats great as I claimed two years ago with the s10+ . when will the link be on the members app. as my phone comes next week on the 26th jan also will I be able to claim the phantom black as my new phone.
0 Likes
Hackett
Voyager
Options
hi im using my s21 now and I have had it through 3 network. I'm ready to claim but there is no link on my benefits page
0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @Hackett , Lucky you! 😊:thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

And might be a wee bit early for the promotion banner to appear. I checked out the web-browser 'claim now' link for the promo on this page: https://20203.samsungpromotions.claims/janpreorder-phone/en-GB and got: 

Screenshot 2021-01-26 153120.jpg

0 Likes
Hackett
Voyager
Options
hi ok thank you. just can't wait 🤣