Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google assistant & watch 5 Pro

(Topic created on: 26-08-2022 03:14 PM)
Easty
Big Cheese
Options

FYI,  I set up watch 5 Pro yesterday , had it on overnight to track sleep , just checked app battery usage and Google assistant had used 26% ? I've used it twice in that time , must be running constantly in background , have now disabled it and swopped back to bixby 

Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5g
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
7 REPLIES 7
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
If you wanted to stick with Google. Turn off hey Google in settings and double tap button to activate Google instead. It's what I have set on watch 4. No issues with battery drain. I know it's not quite the same as just speaking. But it's another option if you prefer to use Google to bixby.
darklineup
Student
Options

I just got the 5 Pro three days ago. I installed Assistant immediately, disabled Hey Google and only set up the double press to use, and I have yet to get 25 hours of battery. On a 590 mah device. I have the same settings as my Watch 4 Classic (42mm... the small one), and I'm getting virtually the same battery drain. As I look at battery usage, the culprit the first two nights was the Health Platform, but after a reset of the watch (not my idea... it freaked out), now the culprit is Assistant, which I've only used once, by double pressing a button to set a timer.

My other settings are sleep analysis on with blood oxygen, wifi off, NFC on, constant heart rate monitoring, AOD. I get sparse notifications, don't stream audio, take a bike ride here and there...

Unless there's a serious drain while the watch is learning my usage patterns, which will then adjust somehow, then this is no better than the small 4 Classic, which is VERY disappointing.

Screenshot_20220826-140901_Galaxy Watch5 Manager.jpg

Easty
Big Cheese
Options
Ive never really got Google assistant to work for me , I use bixby for voice calls and maps so I'll stick with that 😁
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
Mines 4g version is yours ? All the You tube reviews seem to be bluetooth only which is why they get 3-4 days I think .
If I can get 2 days using 4g I'll be happy , that's the only reason I switched from watch 3 classic .
I use 4g standalone at work quite a bit so fingers crossed 🤞
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
darklineup
Student
Options

I've got Bluetooth only. And I have moderate health platform usage, minimal GPS. I'm just really really disappointed if I can only get 25 hours battery usage on a watch that promises up to 80 hours.

Nam Nguyen
Student
Options

This happened to me too, Assistant drains 24% while others are merely 1%

0 Likes
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
So I've set bedtime and do not disturb to come on 10pm , off 6.15am , have power saving on , use sleep tracking , mobile data is on , receiving notifications and I'm now on day 3 with 19% left , if I get to 9pm tonight that'll be 72 hours ! I've been active at work and out walking dogs .
It seems always on display , apps updating/refreshing in background , WiFi on auto really drains the battery , could only get 36 hours with those on ( not an issue as I only really wanted to end my day with some charge) .It doesn't seem like having power saving on has affected the way it performs for me ( although I turn on always on display whilst driving ) .
So all in all I'm very happy ! 😁 ( but the fact that spotify can't play on watch speak STILL annoys me 😤🤣 )
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes