Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gesture navigation missing from Galaxy Watch 4. It was on previous versions of WearOS.

(Topic created on: 17-05-2022 01:51 PM)
LaurenceGough
Pioneer
Options

Hello,

The Galaxy Watch 4 with WearOS 3 still does not have the gesture based navigation that was present in previous WearOS versions.

I was extremely disappointed to find that the wrist based gesture navigation has been completely removed which was in the previous versions of WearOS. Well, there is only the option, to answer and reject calls and launch an app but this is only a small part of the functionality missing.

This is a super useful feature which is very hard to live without once you have used it, and was a big reason for myself going back to WearOS! It allows for one hand navigation which few smart watches can do. I am sure many people would be extremely grateful if it could be re-established.

For reference here's how it worked before:
https://support.google.com/wearos/answer/6312406?hl=en-GB#zippy=%2Cfrom-the-main-watch-screen%2Cscro...

This is a massive step back in functionality and usability of WearOS.

The Samsung settings are in no shape or form a replacement for previous WearOS gesture navigation.

There is no way to navigate notifications hands free, there is no way to return to the home screen hands free, the actual useful gestures are not there.

Beside, Samsung's implementation of quick launch is a joke. Previously it was a simple and natural shake movement to return to the home screen.

Galaxy Watch4 Classic Galaxy Watch4 #wearos

2 REPLIES 2
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
There's nothing Samsung can do about WearOS as it's Google's intellectual property. I suggest giving Google some feedback.
0 Likes
Kkozi
Explorer
Options

I miss that function too so I keep my TicWatch 3 for the days I need this functionality.
I can't understand why it was removed. One of the best function ever on smartwatch. 

oh 😞

0 Likes