Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 4 active

(Topic created on: 17-05-2022 11:19 AM)
Berry01
Explorer
Options

My watch is such a disappointment. I had the galaxy watch 2 and when I took my baby out in the buggy it would automatically read it as a cycling exercise... wasn't great but at least it read something... this does nothing... I walk for an hour and come back home nothing read. Even if I select walking it doesn't get any steps and gives me a bulls**t calories burn... I have to take my phone in my pocket so I can see my step count. So annoying... seriously samsung what's the point!

6 REPLIES 6
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Is there no GPS in the Watch 4 then? Presumably that was how the Watch 2 worked out you were moving at least. Watch 4 seems to rely on arm motion which pushing the buggy won't give. I guess you could try putting it on an ankle but it would be extremely uncomfortable. They really need to fix that because parents pushing buggies isn't a new thing...
0 Likes
Berry01
Explorer
Options
Yea exactly. Or at least it should do what the watch 2 do and detect activity. Heart rate something
Berry01
Explorer
Options
It has GPS
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Berry01: I'm sorry to hear of your disappointment regarding your experience with the Galaxy Watch 4 so far. If you would like the watch to detect your activity, then I recommend heading to the Samsung Health app and tapping Settings > Auto detect workouts, and toggle on 'Walking'. For your GPS issues, head to Settings > Location, and toggle this feature on. As mentioned by @antikythera your step count may not be accurately reflected due to the position of your arms while pushing your buggy, as it does rely on the swinging motion of your arms, along with the vibration of your steps. 

Berry01
Explorer
Options
Hi Andrew. All of those are turned on. This isn't my first Samsung watch. It's just not working 😕
0 Likes
Suegladys
First Poster
Options
I agree with others who have the problem of not recording steps when pushing a buggy. Really annoying. My daughters Fitbit watch does record steps. So why can't Samsung 4. Disappointed.
0 Likes