Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Gear s3 won't automatically reconnect to bluetooth when back in range.

(Topic created on: 15-09-2018 10:51 PM)
Chris_N
Student
Options

Hello wonder if you can help.

I have just purchased a Gear s3 and I have it paired and connected to my iPhone 6. The watch works perfect until I become out of Bluetooth range and thus my watch will lose connection, which is as expected. The problem comes when I’m back in Bluetooth range i.e. back with my phone the gear s3 will not automatically reconnect like other devices I have left it 30mins plus and it still won’t automatically reconnect. I have to manually keep turning Bluetooth on and off on both the watch and phone and then clicking on both the Bluetooth connections on my phone (Gear S3(DC10) & Gear S3(DC10) LE) to try and get it to reconnect eventually after going through this process multiple times it will finally connect again. Any help will be appreciated as I can’t keep doing this every time I’m away from my phone. Thanks In advance.

157 REPLIES 157
Critic4U
Journeyman
Options

@labanauskas wrote:

Since Tizen 3 there is no problems with BT

There is still problems with it, so far what I noticed is that when I connect my phone to my vehicle's deck Pioneer AVH-2330NEX via USB before starting it, it will disconnect the watch, but if I start the car and then hookup the USB to the phone the watch will remain connected; however, if I turn off the vehicle with it still connected to the USB the watch will disconnect and will not reconnect till I goto the gear app and manually hit reconnect unless you disconnect it first from the USB and then turn off the car. Although I have noticed once I clear cache and data on the Bluetooth system app the watch will work fine (I can walk away from the phone and it will disconnect, but when I walk back to the phone it reconnects no problem) it's not till I  try to connect it to my radio deck that it malfunctions. I have talked to other owners of different vehicles that have the watch and connect their phones even with non samsung phones, but have the same watch having the same issue also; in fact, it's happening to cars that have the Apple Carplay or Android Auto system built in to the newer cars. Anyways this is what I have found out so far and I just wanted to let you and others know what I found. 

0 Likes
Critic4U
Journeyman
Options

My watch now has the new Tizen 3.0.0.2 and the problem still remains with bluetooth connectivity; however, the battery lasts a long time now. I'm thinking I may just have to go with Google phone next time for maximum compatibility. I would laugh if Google ever decided to make thier software proprietary making it where only their phones were allowed to use their software and terminated the licenses on every phone that wasn't google around the world. It would force the other phone manufactures to come out with their own software UI instead of relying on Google. Anyways just thinking worst case scenario, but then again you never know it may be best case... 

0 Likes
Raul_lm
Student
Options

I also have latest Gear S3 SW, and problem remains. Honestly, I think the problem is with the Samsung Gear plugin in Android Oreo, other users with Oreo and different watches don't have the problem. Not happy at all with how my watch works now with Oreo, if Samsung (or Google, or whoever) doesn't fix this soon I will ditch the smart watch.

0 Likes
sonya_letitgo
First Poster
Options

Clearing the cache works for me, but I have to keep doing it every few days.  Was yours fixed permanently or do you also have to keep doing it?

0 Likes
Critic4U
Journeyman
Options

@sonya_letitgo wrote:

Clearing the cache works for me, but I have to keep doing it every few days.  Was yours fixed permanently or do you also have to keep doing it?

I have to keep doing it and I can also confirm that the new Tizen 3.0.0.2 did not fix the issues; in fact, the battery now goes quicker verses the previous OS update. I can thoroughly say I am done with this brand and I'm just going to go for maximum compatibility with Google products I'm just going to get Google phones and approved watches from Google from now on. I'm sick of Samsung trying to get this resolved, with very little updates throughout the entire time owning this S8 plus and Gear S3. The entire Samsung experience has been ruined for me and I imagine there are others out there that feel the same way. #nomoresamsung

0 Likes
hcpella
Student
Options

Gear S3 + Galaxy S9 - Exactly the same problem!!!

hcpella
Student
Options

Hi All,

After the last App Wear update (version: 2.2.21.18080361) the issue was resolved....

0 Likes
Critic4U
Journeyman
Options

@hcpella wrote:

Hi All,

After the last App Wear update (version: 2.2.21.18080361) the issue was resolved....

LOL, not even close to being resolved... 

0 Likes
Tach
First Poster
Options

Not fixed! And very frustrating.

0 Likes
greaet
Apprentice
Options

@all, I think I have identified the issue. Gear S3 with Galaxy S8

Remove Gear Wearable app and Gear S Plugin from battery optimization. Works fine for me now. It reconnects when the device is in range. 

Tried after restarting the phone - connected

Turned off bluetooth and turned it back on - connected. There is a slight delay but nothing irritating as not reconnecting at all