Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Gear S3 charging take ages/if at all.

(Topic created on: 21-07-2018 02:11 PM)
kriptikchicken
Pioneer
Options

Ok here is the scenario (it has happened a couple of time)

Using the supplied wireless charger and cable, I turn off the S3 and put it on charge and leave it all night. When I come back it is sitting in the mid 70% and deosn't seem to charge any more. I take it off and replace it, only for it to start flashing an exclamation mark in a yellow trianggle (not a good sign if I had left it a long time!).

Lastely I take it off and replace it a third time for it to fully charge to 100% (so it is capable).

What gives? Why did it work the 3rd time? Wht's with the warning sign, it didn't seem overly hot. (hopefully not Note7 battery syndrom!)

0 Likes

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
kriptikchicken
Pioneer
Options

Nevermind, it seems happy now. Charging to 100% three times in a row. :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
kriptikchicken
Pioneer
Options

P.S. Samsung has released an update that should fix this problem...

On your phone, go into the Gear App, Settings, About Gear, Update Gear Software, Download Updates Maunally.

REF: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KisPJ6ehCW0&t

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Solution
kriptikchicken
Pioneer
Options

Nevermind, it seems happy now. Charging to 100% three times in a row. :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:

0 Likes
Solution
kriptikchicken
Pioneer
Options

P.S. Samsung has released an update that should fix this problem...

On your phone, go into the Gear App, Settings, About Gear, Update Gear Software, Download Updates Maunally.

REF: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KisPJ6ehCW0&t

0 Likes
Along
First Poster
Options

I have the gear sport and I am having the same issue. I have no option to download s/w update manually. When I try, I am told my device has the latest s/w version. 

Any other ideas?

0 Likes