Support

Open search

Galaxy Watch Stops Recording work out part way through

Highlighted
Apprentice

So this is really annoying now.  For months the watch has been fine but a couple of weeks ago now I got half way through a run and the watch stopped recording.  I use the watches work out app, select running (basic work out) and press start.  It records for about 10 minutes and then stops.   So a couple of days ago I set the screen to stary on during the run and it was fine for one run.  I ran again today and again it stoped after about 2km; no record of the run at all.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

165 REPLIES 165
Highlighted
Observer

It happens when i recive text messages and phone calls

And sometimes randomly...

Yup it is very frustrating

Highlighted

Same problem here. This drives me really mad. Once I started the workout, past a few minutes when i look at the watch again to see some stats y realize that it is no longer recording. I want a solution ASAP. After using wear os for a long time I was really concerned about moving to galaxy watches and tizen OS... Here is the proof I was right.

Highlighted

It is so highly probable that in few weeks you'll have the problem again. I did this fix 3 times already, and the problem comes once and again

Highlighted
First Poster

I too am having this same issue of the watch stopping the activity tracking after the initial start. It is very frustrating as this was the main reason I purchased the watch.

Highlighted

Thanks, I will give this a try before I do the hard reset.

Highlighted

The best thing to do is to report it to Samsung as I don't think they monitor these forums. If lots of people report it in their more likely to do something about it. A hard reset isn't the solution.

Highlighted
Observer

I too am having the same problem walking. 

Highlighted
Observer

So are there any responses on how to fix this?

Highlighted
This is not good enough. My watch is doing this. Can't keep resetting it.
Highlighted

I also discovered that it has to sense a heart beat during that 20 minutes, if you decide to leave airplane mode off.  I wear it on my left wrist which has a tattoo covering wear the sensor is, so it doesnt pick up my heartrate.  if I swap wrists, and it senses at least something once every 15 minutes or so it also sems to work, :smiling-face:

Top Liked Authors