Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Stops Recording work out part way through

(Topic created on: 14-01-2021 10:11 AM)
Seftonbarn
Journeyman
Options

So this is really annoying now.  For months the watch has been fine but a couple of weeks ago now I got half way through a run and the watch stopped recording.  I use the watches work out app, select running (basic work out) and press start.  It records for about 10 minutes and then stops.   So a couple of days ago I set the screen to stary on during the run and it was fine for one run.  I ran again today and again it stoped after about 2km; no record of the run at all.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

231 REPLIES 231
djsat2
Explorer
Options

Same here, recommending a hard/soft reset to negate this issue isn't an acceptable solution. it only delays the problem. 

0 Likes
Alfie926
First Poster
Options

I am having the same problem.  I got my watch in September 2020 and the battery life was ***** to begin with.  It was recording workouts properly until last week and today I had to restart the workout tracker 4 times during a 50 minute HIIT session.

0 Likes
griff123
First Poster
Options
ive had the same problem myself. infact sometimes it will just record 2 minutes of a workout then stop...
0 Likes
ZiadRN
First Poster
Options

Not sure if it's the same problem, but during workouts somehow I end up with the music app/screen and my workout is paused/stopped. My only option is to finish the workout and start a new one.

Any idea why this happens and/or how to get out of it without having to stop the workout?

Thanks

0 Likes
Steady2
Student
Options

So what is the solution to this problem?  I cannot start any exercise recordings on my watch. It goes to count down the start. Shows 3, then goes back to the start recording screen.  I am very angry and frustrated right now!!!

0 Likes
Shintz79
First Poster
Options
I am having the same issues. Started a few weeks ago. Thought it was a glitch/low battery but there doesn't seem to be one solid reason. Getting fed up now as it is throwing my work out goals out the window and am fed up.
0 Likes
roscoNZ
First Poster
Options

Hi

This has started happening to me too on the Galaxy Watch E79A. Is there a resolution for this? 

0 Likes
Frank_Sc
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue with Samsung Health on my Smartwatch. I have tried every suggestion in this feed as well as another (https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/wearables/galaxy-fit-e-stops-recording-workouts/td-p/1721824/pag...). Nothing seems to work. I see this problem has existed since April at least and Samsung still fails to address it. Not really customer friendly if you ask me. For many people (including myself) this will eventually become a reason to switch to other brands.

One thing I have noticed and that might help with the troubleshooting. Quite often (not always) it shuts down when I receive a notification on my watch from another app (whatsapp, gmail, etc). Next time I go running I will try temporarily (during the run) shutting down notifications and see if that helps. Perhaps the times that it shuts down and I have not noticed any notifications, still an app in the background forces it to shut down. My point being, other watch apps might shut it down (unrightfully) for some reason. If shutting down notifications would work, I see this as a work around and NOT a solution. This still needs to be solved I believe and after 8 months it is about time Samsung does something about it.

Steady2
Student
Options

I am now officially fed up with the Samsung Gear S2 not allowing me to record an exercise. It will not start recording, if my watch is Bluetooth connected to my phone. If I try to start the exercise on my watch, it shows Location Detected, it then starts the count down 3, 2 then blanks out and goes back to the Start screen again. If my phone is not bluetooth connected to the watch, it will allow me to start an exercise. So basically I cannot have a map of where I exercised, because of this BUG. I am seriously looking at what watch I can get from a different supplier. Garmin and Garmin support look good!

0 Likes
Clair28
First Poster
Options
I have the Samsung active and gone through all the 19 pages where different things have been suggested and still having the issue of my watch finishing my workout before I've finished. twice yesterday I had to select workout. Again today twice, after 2.60 miles and again after 0.45 then it did the other 3.50 miles. absolute nightmare, I phoned Samsung today and they wanted remote access to my phone to see if they could find the error.
0 Likes