Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Stops Recording work out part way through

(Topic created on: 26-05-2020 10:07 PM)
Seftonbarn
Journeyman
Options

So this is really annoying now.  For months the watch has been fine but a couple of weeks ago now I got half way through a run and the watch stopped recording.  I use the watches work out app, select running (basic work out) and press start.  It records for about 10 minutes and then stops.   So a couple of days ago I set the screen to stary on during the run and it was fine for one run.  I ran again today and again it stoped after about 2km; no record of the run at all.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

231 REPLIES 231
andreyco
Journeyman
Options

I'm runnng version R810XXU1DTA4 which was installed in February. Is there a more recent update you have installed that resolved this?

0 Likes
Amanda9
Student
Options

Sorry should have been more clear. Not a software update, it's an app update. In your galaxy wearable app, under apps option. I chose to update all which included samsung health which I assume is where the bug was.

0 Likes
andreyco
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for clarifying. It says I'm already up to date with Samsung Health 4.8.3100 released 3/5/2020. What version do you have?
Amanda9
Student
Options

My update is

Hope this helps

0 Likes
andreyco
Journeyman
Options

That looks like the version number for the Android Samsung Health app which was released 3/26/2020. I would think that the app installed on the watch with the version number I stated previously would be more relevant to causing/resolving this issue.

0 Likes
LauraCJ
First Poster
Options

Hello, I'm experiencing the same problem. Jist checked the software on the watch is up to date.

I use the watch to track an activity every day. 3 days ago it stopped every 'record your workout' command within a minute of me starting it. Happened every single day, when I had the phone (s10) one me and when I did not. 

The automatic workout detection is not the same. This is very disappointing and if it's not fixed soon I'm buying a Garmin. Please help samsung. 

huggiebear
First Poster
Options

Yep, me too! Also started for me a few weeks ago. Soooooo annoying!

Has anyone fixed it yet? 

0 Likes
ntracey
First Poster
Options

My active 2 watch is doing the same also now. The last 2 days I've set it for a cycle and it's cut out mid way through. It then auto detects and starts again but then end and continues like this. It's massively annoying and distracting.  I've checked for software updates, I've turned off auto detect activities. I've updated all apps and checked use for my watch. If it doesn't get sorted I'll have to sell it and buy something else. Please fix this Samsung! 

0 Likes
Alex19821
Student
Options

Hi all,

A quick update on this from me. For the last three workouts the exercise did not stop any more. The only thing I changed was under battery settings where I turned on the "watch always on" option. Once I finish my run, I turn that back off. Can someone else try and update if it fixes for them as well please 

NeilB23
Explorer
Options

I'm going for a run tomorrow so I will give it a try (with my phone tracking me as well... You never know!!). I will report my findings tomorrow. Fingers crossed. 

0 Likes