Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Watch Active and Google Pay

(Topic created on: 20-07-2022 07:31 AM)
Syntse
Student
Options

I see that Google Pay is now possible on Watch 4

Just wondering will it be available on older models too since they do have the means and maybe Samsung Pay already in use (not in Finland tho).

I use Google pay on my Samsung phone but would love to be able to pay using my watch. I did not at least yet find Google pay or gpay from the watch applications or from Samsung store.

6 REPLIES 6
Solution
LionBerks
Pioneer
Options
Hi. I would very much doubt it as it would involve a change of operating system to Wear OS.
0 Likes
Syntse
Student
Options

Ah you are right on that so that is the divider why it most likely is not going to be on some older models. So when looking for compatibility one should be looking watch that has Wear OS not Tizen.

0 Likes
LionBerks
Pioneer
Options
Hi. Yes that is my understanding. Good news is that Google Pay works great on the Watch 4, I've been using it for a few weeks now.
0 Likes
spepper73
Apprentice
Options

my cards are not accepted by Samsung pay, and these older watches are still being sold surely they can write the app for the older watches.

one way to lose customers is to not give the customers what they asking for and in the mobile tech they are more then enough for us to swap over too.

for me in the uk the Samsung app accepts virgin money credit cards but not the bank cards.

Vykintas
First Poster
Options

Absolutely agree that not allowing Google Pay on Samsung Watches is extremely disappointing... ESPECIALLY, when Samsung Pay doesn't work in a lot of countries (e.g. Lithuania). 

Samsung should either get Samsung Pay available across the globe or allow for Google Pay. 

Now I have no NFC on my phone and my Samsung Watch is useless for payments. 

0 Likes
spepper73
Apprentice
Options
OK tje slice for this is curve and samsung pay + loving the curve card it's totally free.
It's like goggle pay but curve keeps tou card detail and transfers via the card so almost every bank is accepted.

Would still like a single app for it all.
0 Likes