Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy watch 4 taking calls in Bluetooth headset not working

(Topic created on: 22-05-2023 11:22 PM)
sparkyram
Apprentice
Options

Hi.. when ever I take any calls on phone I can see an option to transfer the phone to my galaxy watch 4 and I am able to take calls in watch loudspeaker.even though watch is connected to galaxy buds pro the calls always works in loudspeaker...i have enabled both calls and audio output to my headset in the watch settings..tried with bose 700 headphones and it's the same issue.. any solutions?

83 REPLIES 83
spkvarsal
First Poster
Options

it worked when i did the same thing.

0 Likes
Sujit
First Poster
Options

Samsung team you need to solve this issue.till now every one facing this issue

0 Likes
janodes
First Poster
Options

On my Galaxy 5 & 5 pro lte the earbuds live work interrupting music to take calls perfectly. On my Galaxy 4 bluetooth I have the same problem as everyone is describing. I haven't tried disconnecting watch from bluetooth on my phone because isn't that how calls are made, using bluetooth connected to my phone?

0 Likes
Rishab Jain
First Poster
Options

Now, Most TWS connect to multiple devices at the same time.

I connect my Sony LinkBuds S to both my watch and my phone, and they work seamlessly 

0 Likes
igascon
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue on my Galaxy Watch 5 BT. As mentioned before on the thread, the solution is to pair the buds with the phone directly. BUT there's something else I had to do.

My Galaxy Watch was also connected to my phone like a sound device, just like the buds, so the calls were always listening throug the Watch. Once I disabled the option for the Watch to use it for "Phone audio" on the BT settings for the watch on the phonw, the buds were the only ones.

Now there's a phone symbol on the green icon on the Watch when there's an incomming call, meaning the call will sound through the phone, and therefore throgh the buds if connected.

Drawback to this, unless I reconnect the Watch as a sound device on my phone, I cannot hear the calls through the Watch itself.

0 Likes
cenkcirak
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same problem. The purpose of getting the watch was to get rid of the phone, it didn't work. Forward the earbuds to the phone when an incoming or outgoing call is made. It would be nice if they add the setting.

0 Likes
Seking1956
First Poster
Options

When I use a buds 2 by Samsung, it has Autoswitch to other devices option. Because of that I can make and receive calls on tws. Has anyone tried this 

0 Likes
iPotato
First Poster
Options

I started to feel like this watch is useless if we do not have samsung phone. Can confirm even the OneUI 5 update did not fix this issue.
Tried dual pair headset connecting to both phone and watch as well. Even that did not work.
There is absolutely nothing that can work, except for Samsung pushing an update which will never happen because the latest oneui 5 update did not fix this issue.

0 Likes
Members_a4A5G8R
First Poster
Options

I have an S23 paired with Buds 2 and Watch 4 Classic BT (not the LTE version), with the latest update available in Nov 2023. The Buds are connected only with the phone, they are not paired with the watch. I can initiate the call from the watch and it works fine, the call goes through my Buds.

My problem was that I could not cancel the call if the contact did not answer. The green button on the watch did not turn to red as in the phone app, so I couldn't stop the phone ringing indefinitely. The same case was when the contact answered the call, the button stayed green so I couldn't end the call from my side.

The workaround is to revert to the home screen by pressing the back button, and you'll find at the bottom of the screen a flickering phone icon. Press that icon and the active call screen will show up, with both the green and red buttons so you can end the call when necessary.

Hope this helps, I also wrote Samsung about this issue

0 Likes
Vaibhav Chits
First Poster
Options

What about non LTE watches ?

0 Likes