Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Watch 4 No Facebook Messenger Notifications, Seriously?

(Topic created on: 31-08-2021 07:57 PM)
Marcell2
Journeyman
Options

I bought this ***** called Galaxy Watch 4, because I thought if it has android then my regular apps will work on it. Just to realize that basically a 30 EUR Chinese noname fitness band gives you more than this useless pieces of *****. Because the 30 EUR chinese noname fitness band usually shows your notifications from Facebook messenger, Signal, Instagram, but this sophisticated piece of Samsung technology is apparently incapable of doing that.

Does someone have any idea if there is any way to get your Facebook messenger or Signal notifications on it? Or I will return it and get the 30 EUR Chinese fitness band, because that seems smarter than this thing.

38 REPLIES 38
Marcell2
Journeyman
Options

Now I can. I really had to enable FB messenger notifications.

But sending new FB messages is not possible without a proper FB messenger application, which will probably never be offocially released to and Wear OS.... 

Weege001
First Poster
Options

I have the Classic and its paired with my S21 5G Ultra and Messenger does not work. Annoying

0 Likes
Members_miY9KJI
First Poster
Options

Hi not sure if you have solved this, if you go onto your wearable app, watch settings, then notifications. Turn on the setting to show alert even phone in use then turn on mute notifications on phone.

I hope this helps

Simirr
Apprentice
Options

Vše funguje Díky za radu.

MadalinK
Hotshot
Options
To rád slyším. nemáš zač 👍🏻

Current phone : Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G 512GB
0 Likes
tuffentiny
Student
Options

This is the exact problem that happened to me.  How did you get it sent into be fixed or replaced?

0 Likes
Origin1979
Journeyman
Options
I talked to the support reps online, and they changed it.. but the new watch did the same.... I found out the exact issue and what it was. As I have tattoos from my wrist upwards the watch cannot function correctly.... so now I put a small plaster on the watch and I get notifications. You can Google samsung galaxy watch and tattoos and see many others have the issue.
0 Likes
tuffentiny
Student
Options

I also have  tattoos, but this wasn't a problem on my Samsung Watch 3. Did you have the old watch and was it a problem on that one?

0 Likes
Origin1979
Journeyman
Options
I had falster 3 and no issues on that...
0 Likes
Potshot2k4
Pathfinder
Options

Not sure if 100% related but I got this app from app store called informer messages for wear os and it's 5.50 for the year and if you set it up it allows you to have WhatsApp on your watch to a degree. You can't choose someone to message who hasn't messaged you before installing the app, but anyone who messages you once installed as long as you don't delete the message you can message them again and again. Works for other apps as well I think its really good

0 Likes