Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 4 classic no deep sleep on sleep tracking

(Topic created on: 12-09-2021 01:47 PM)
Rolotomasee
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

Anyone else have this issue where galaxy watch 4 classic records very little to no deep sleep? 3 mins some nights out of 7 hours total sleep. Wore an old fitbit charge 2 one night with the galaxy watch 4 classic and fitbit reported 1hr 20mins deep sleep, galaxy reported 20mins. Any ideas how to fix this? 

129 REPLIES 129
Marksurry
Student
Options

My Galaxy Watch 4 Classic seems to be tracking more inline with my Fitbit Sense and Oura ring lately.  Not sure if the recent Android 12 update on my Galaxy Flip 3 has made a difference.  Will keep an eye on it over the coming days.Screenshot_20220116-104422_Samsung Health.jpg

0 Likes
lorraineg57
Pioneer
Options

Great! I have a note 10 which is included in the upgrade but haven't received it yet. I'm in the US. It said January so we'll see. 

0 Likes
Peachyt33
Student
Options

I have the same problem and I have the watch 4. I previously had the active 2 and had the same problems and just thought I slept horribly. 

0 Likes
Peachyt33
Student
Options

I really hope Samsung fixes this issue soon. 

0 Likes
Brian667
First Poster
Options

Honestly I don't think so... I had a Gear S3 frontier, a Watch Active 2, and now a Galaxy Watch 3. This issue is here for years, and there are threads like this multiple years long. Nothing changes, Samsung just don't care their sleep tracking is useless. I had a Huawei Watch GT2, and the sleep tracking was awesome. If this feature is important to You than I suggest to Leave Samsung, I might do the same when changing my phone next time. 😞

0 Likes
lorraineg57
Pioneer
Options

That makes me sad. I like my Samsung phone and had no intentions of returning to Apple. It really irritates me that i may be forced to do just that...I used to have a Basis watch, then Fitbit, then 2 Samsungs. Fitibit may be ok as a "fitness" watch although I personally found it terribly lacking in every other aspect. I don't really know of any other alternatives?

Gerrit1976
Pioneer
Options

Also noticed low amount of deep sleep but how do we know if it's correct. People say the watch 4 is wrong and fitbit is right but how do you know. I know I'm a light sleeper so maybe the watch is correct.

Do people have used the watch with professional sleep monitors to track their sleep cycli.

0 Likes
Brian667
First Poster
Options

I heard Garmins are awesome. :smiling-face:

0 Likes
ihunt4
Explorer
Options
Lots of up coming brands that you wouldn't of thought of are actually bringing out some really good looking watches. I think a brand puts a lot more effort in when starting out and then give up caring once they get like ssmsung
0 Likes
Bobble
First Poster
Options

Same no deep sleep on galaxy 4 watch

0 Likes