Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Watch 4 (Bluetooth version) - adding custom ringtones?

(Topic created on: 22-08-2021 08:01 PM)
CrematedEddie
Student
Options

Does anybody know if and how you add your own custom ringtone to the Bluetooth version of the watch?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
sjj67
Navigator
Options
25 REPLIES 25
CrazyTom2k2
Helping Hand
Options
Hey there CrematedEddie!

Yes, that should be possible.

You'll need to send the ringtone over using the Add Tracks option in the Galaxy Wearable app, and then use the Sound and Vibration settings to apply your ringtone.

Haven't done this myself yet, but I could do it on my Watch Active2, so it should still be a feature.

Best wishes,
Tom 😀
0 Likes
PawPaw
Pathfinder
Options
The wear os software is rather limited on the galaxy watch at the moment and does not seem to have that feature yet.....in fact there are quite a few features missing from both original tizen and Wear os systems....
0 Likes
strongbear
Journeyman
Options
I agree, can send tracks over to watch but are unable to use them as either ringtone or notification sound...come on Samsung sort this out.. was able to do this previously on galaxy watch 3
Solution
sjj67
Navigator
Options

yes i have done it ... follow this link below to see how in full

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/wearables/how-to-put-custom-ringtones-and-notifications-on-to-a-...

enjoy  :smiling-face:

Diesel Weasel
First Poster
Options

Thank you for the app suggestion! I was able to at least put the files into the correct folders, but unfortunately, they don't show up in the selection list for either ringtones or notifications. I'm not sure if they need to be specific encoders to work, or if there's still just no way for it to access it on US models.

UPDATE: Correction! While they didn't show up in the lists for me at first, I rebooted my watch, and then they were available to use! This method does work, for both MP3 and OGG files!

sjj67
Navigator
Options

hi

0 Likes
Lucky13a5taRd
First Poster
Options

This worked!!  But for some reason not right away..  I almost gave up.  But the last time of 15 restarts.  The ringtone showed up in both my ringtone and notifications!!

sjj67
Navigator
Options

Ports
First Poster
Options

Cheers man worked a treat for me so stoked I can add custom sounds