Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Strava and galaxy watch 4 classic.

(Topic created on: 22-08-2021 09:12 PM)
Capstain411
Apprentice
Options

Strava was the only reason, I bought watch 4. But I simply cannot figure out how to install strava on watch 4. Please guide me on this.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Capstain411
Apprentice
Options

I finally figured a way. On samsung wear app, go to stores. Search strava. Then available on other devices.Then in drop list choose watch. You can install strava on galaxy 4 watch. However went for 10mile run...strava drained battery with 60 mins. 54% to 13%.

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
RobertRobert
First Poster
Options

Same here. Unfortunately it seems the Watch 4 is not (yet) compatible with Strava.

https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018601971-Samsung-Gear-and-Strava?mobile_site=true

0 Likes
Solution
Capstain411
Apprentice
Options

I finally figured a way. On samsung wear app, go to stores. Search strava. Then available on other devices.Then in drop list choose watch. You can install strava on galaxy 4 watch. However went for 10mile run...strava drained battery with 60 mins. 54% to 13%.

0 Likes
SteveyJ
Pioneer
Options

I've got it installed fine?

0 Likes
Capstain411
Apprentice
Options

How was battery drain on yours 

0 Likes
Wisesteward
First Poster
Options

How?

0 Likes
SteveyJ
Pioneer
Options
It's literally just in the app store.
0 Likes
David Morgan
First Poster
Options

With my Active 4, I downloaded Strava from the store. After installing and opening it I just got a little Strava banner on the phone.  I opened Strava on my phone, but there was no indicator they were talking or it wanted me to log in on the phone.  I restarted the watch and then when I opened the Strava app, it must have seen Strava open on the phone, recognized my account and was ready to log an activity.   There have been a lot of battery improvements with the last few watch updates, my battery life has doubled, so eager to see how it holds up while using strava.  

0 Likes