Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Watch 4 (Bluetooth version) - adding custom ringtones?

(Topic created on: 22-08-2021 08:01 PM)
CrematedEddie
Student
Options

Does anybody know if and how you add your own custom ringtone to the Bluetooth version of the watch?

Go to solution
25 REPLIES 25
sjj67
Navigator
Options

hi posts,,

if you also put the files into the notifiction folder you can change them to,, and the alarm sounds on the watch as well,,

sjj67

0 Likes
Cromer
First Poster
Options

Hi Guys,

This does work.Even I, as an 83 year old, had no problem on my second attemptto get all my wanted personal ringtones into the right folder.

Where I failed in the first attempt was that  , after clicking the wanted song  to go blue, I then clicked on the right Arrow, and then went to the ring folder.

WRONG.

As soon as the + and arrow appear, DO not click on it, but scroll up to the ringtone folder, open it and then click on the arrow to get your song into that folder.

Turn off your watch, wait a little  while, then reboot your watch and BINGO  your song is in that folder.

I repeated this a few times with a few other songs, then turned off watch and after rebooting it  a little later, all songs where in this folder and I now have the same ringtone working on my S20 as  I have on the watch.

Goodluck

sjj67
Navigator
Options

no you are wrong,,, and you did not read it right ...........

thanks for the feedback

and i'm so happy that even an 83 year old doen't need youtube to get it to work,, the same as hundreds of other ,,

perhaps next time i'll charge a $1 - £1 or 1eur ....

0 Likes
BeardTastic
Student
Options

The adding wear file explorer worked like a charm.  Most importantly..DONT FORGET TO RESTART YOUR WATCH!  Took me a couple times but worked flawlessly.  

0 Likes
sjj67
Navigator
Options

cheers for the feedback - BeardTastic,,, i totaly agree with you , the watch must be rebooted to get the files to show up on your watch,, as you said maybe more than once too  👍👍

0 Likes
Ynot68
Apprentice
Options
Awesome just sorted it on galaxy watch 4 classic
0 Likes
D1957
First Poster
Options

How do you get ringtone of phone to be the same ringtone on classic 4 watch,  they just have Samsung beeps tones 

0 Likes
sjj67
Navigator
Options

only one custom ringtone will work on your GW4,,, not like on your phone where you can give a ringtone to each contact... thats samsung for you,,

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/wearables/how-to-put-custom-ringtones-and-notifications-on-to-a-...

if you read all the posts--

0 Likes
Bigman1972
First Poster
Options

It took 2 times & I had to leave my watch turned off for about a full minute but when I turned back on I was able to set my custom ringtone & notifications. Thanks 👍🏾

0 Likes
sjj67
Navigator
Options

just happy you can use your own ringtones,,,,😀

0 Likes